By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [UPDATE] Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU + APU rumor - New Sources and Info!

starcraft said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Wow, can't tell the difference of standards between someone trying to convince everyone who reads their website that they know something that everyone else doesn't and some guy on his phone on a forum. Stay classy

That, or someone cannot take a joke

Smileys will help convey that idea next time. :-!

Around the Network
iamdeath said:
fighter said:
that would explain why the launch games of x1 look better than ps4's...

Except they don't...

You're entitled to your opinion just as i am entitled to read Digital Foundry's analysis.

Stinky said:
ethomaz said:

Stinky said:

Digital Foundry confirmed that Forza 5 amongst others was running on Xbox one hardware. Are you calling them liars?

DF confirmed KI was running at 1080p@60fps... Are they liars?

I saw you swear blue in the face that the xbone was downclocked and that the eSRAM bandwidth hike was proof of that. Are you a liar?

Just as in mathematics, the simplest explanation is the best : KI has been downgraded since as they wanted to maintain 60 fps

I also saw him swear that he is a hardware engineer... am i calling him a liar ?

CGI-Quality said:
fighter said:
iamdeath said:
fighter said:

Except they don't...

You're entitled to your opinion just as i am entitled to read Digital Foundry's analysis.

Really? I hadn't heard this from them. Have a source?

Here is the source

Trolling much there Rid3rz?

I believe this is the DF article in question - quoted from it -

On the one hand, freely playable first-party titles such as Knack and DriveClub suffer from noticeable frame-rate stutters down from 30fps, while on the other, "hands off" demos for the new Infamous and Assassin's Creed games appear to run without a perceptible hitch. This is in stark contrast to the playable software confirmed to be running direct from Xbox One hardware, such as Forza Motorsport 5 and Killer Instinct, which benefit to no end for targeting the 1080p60 gold standard, and largely succeed in doing so.

Source - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-playstation-4

For comparison and fairness, here's the Xbox One hands on preview (published earlier)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-xbox-one

The basic point he makes is - there's first party stuff running buttery smooth 1080/60 on One (Forza/Ryse), but the First Party stuff he's seen on ps4 (Drive Club/Knack) is stuttering below 1080/30 - at the same point in time (ie he didn't review/preview them months apart - it was a matter of days).

Its things like this that lead people to believe MS have a bit more under the hood... Or the Driveclub & Knack devs are shittier than Turn10 and Crytek ... Take your pick.

But really, obfuscating, pretending not to have any awareness of the article, misdirecting links - well it's poor form guys. And blatantly obvious trolling. Its not like DF is in any way obscure, or hard to find with google...

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
CGI-Quality said:
fighter said:
iamdeath said:
fighter said:

Except they don't...

Really? I hadn't heard this from them. Have a source?

Here is the source

ironmanDX said:

dsgrue3 said:

Struck a nerve did I?

I'm a layman in terms of hardware too, no need to get upset about it. It's okay to be a layman. Just don't pretend to understand things you don't. 

No, my argument in that thread was they don't understand the audience, they are targetting the wrong people...a rather small subsection of the actual audience. Well I can't exactly debate MS can I? Nothing hypocritical about it.

This is real life mate. The medium isn't face to face, but I can assure you I'd be saying the same things in that regard.

Struck a nerve? Do you even read? I have a problem with being bashed in the head.. I've already typed the response. Go back and read it.

So you don't believe you're being hypocritical? You're speaking out against a company that has made billions of dollars this year alone and will continue to do so. They know what they're talking about and what they're doing. You don't. You're a random dude on the interwebs. I'd think that their marketing strategy is anything better you could ever dream up on your best day. Don't try to understand something you don't.

I also never pretended to understand anything. I said "speculate". Again, please, go back and read or better, leave the thread.

The internet isn't the place for you if you're this upset. 

There is no hypocrisy, you do understand the difference between fact and speculation right? I mean we have the people in here who are hardware experts telling you that this is bullshit and your rebuttal is "well I don't think so, so you guys could be wrong." This is speaking from a position of ignorance on your behalf and really speaks volumes about your fealty. 

I'm not speaking against a company, I'm sharing my disagreements with a particular marketing strategy of a particular subsection of a particular section of the company. There is a substantive difference...

Some people clearly are incapable of responding to reality, all dem cloudz I guess.

No one posting in here is an Xbox One hardware expert. Much less an expert in PC hardware in general. This rumor to this day still has not been debunked. Some users have pointed out inconsistency in the rumors or some minor flaws, but not debunked it outright.

Here's more fuel to the fire. Major Nelson just posted saying he can't wait for the truth to come out about the PS4s drastically overexaggerated performance advantage.

Also, to this date, all past hardware rumors were debunked by MS themselves via Albert Penello, Major Nelson, or other MS rep. Yet no one from MS has shot down this rumor that there may be more hardware in the Xbox One that they haven't revealed, possibly a dGPU. I've personally contacted Albert Penello about this rumor and he still hasn't replied. When the RAM rumor was around, he shot that down very quickly.

nightsurge said:
No one posting in here is an Xbox One hardware expert. Much less an expert in PC hardware in general. This rumor to this day still has not been debunked. Some users have pointed out inconsistency in the rumors or some minor flaws, but not debunked it outright.

Here's more fuel to the fire. Major Nelson just posted saying he can't wait for the truth to come out about the PS4s drastically overexaggerated performance advantage.

Also, to this date, all past hardware rumors were debunked by MS themselves via Albert Penello, Major Nelson, or other MS rep. Yet no one from MS has shot down this rumor that there may be more hardware in the Xbox One that they haven't revealed, possibly a dGPU. I've personally contacted Albert Penello about this rumor and he still hasn't replied. When the RAM rumor was around, he shot that down very quickly.

This is, perhaps, the most ridiculous argument I've ever had the misfortunate of reading in my entire life. 

This is akin to saying "You don't know the design of the new Ford engines, so you can't say they aren't made of styrofoam."

It's argumentum ad ignorantium, a fallacy. I'm getting really sick of you people slinging bullshit.

The 12Gb RAM rumour appears in some important websites.....this one look like the only source is the same blog and is build over the same speculations.