By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Will Wright Spore Presentation at NASA (long)

BenKenobi88 said:
Gah...this video made me remember why I was so excited for Spore...the scale of the game plus the customization available is amazing...it's gonna be such a time-consumer for me hehe.

so you're getting it for the pc or wii?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

PC, no question.

It might be a fun game on the Wii...but I seriously doubt it'll A) look as good, even though it's simple, at high-res and advanced shaders and whatnot, PC definitely will be best, B) The online features, though somewhat simple even on PC, won't be utilized as well or perhaps at all with the Wii.

I want to have an ever-expanding universe of player-created animals, civilizations, and planets...I think PC will be the best platform to experience that.

And PC games cost $50 and prices drop fast...pretty sure I'll be getting more bang for my buck than a $50 Wii Spore. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:

PC, no question.

It might be a fun game on the Wii...but I seriously doubt it'll A) look as good, even though it's simple, at high-res and advanced shaders and whatnot, PC definitely will be best, B) The online features, though somewhat simple even on PC, won't be utilized as well or perhaps at all with the Wii.

I want to have an ever-expanding universe of player-created animals, civilizations, and planets...I think PC will be the best platform to experience that.

And PC games cost $50 and prices drop fast...pretty sure I'll be getting more bang for my buck than a $50 Wii Spore.

Yeah, what he said.

Argh, This game had better make it out this year.  I really can't wait that much longer.   

Bump?

I'll add something I guess. Something about going to a big, blank, lifeless planet, and injecting life into seems really amazing, even if it is stylized and simple.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Bump?

I'll add something I guess. Something about going to a big, blank, lifeless planet, and injecting life into seems really amazing, even if it is stylized and simple.

I´m kinda divided by this game, first time I hear about it I thougt it was more like:

If you live in the water and spend too much time near the surface you can develop organs to breath air and start to make your way to the surface...

But if you spend more time in the deeps you can evolve in a more complex and bigger water animal...

Both of them leads to intelligence, comunities, technology, etc...

But still, the oportunity od create your own species is interesting... I will wait... 

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Will Wright has already said, "Wii is the only true next gen system" ..I wouldnt expect anything less with the Wii version compared to PC.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I think Spore was like that, evolving based on surroundings and whatnot...but I think they opted for nearly complete customization of your species instead...which I'm cool with. And they still behave like they should...you can throw three feet, a few random eyes, a tail and a mouth randomly placed, and it should behave like you'd think it would.

edit:  @weezy, I'm sure they'll do a great job putting Spore on Wii...but I know the Wii will not be anywhere near the PC in terms of graphics and visuals, and the mouse is easier to use than a Wiimote, though a Wiimote is indeed nice, and I do think the online capabilities of the Wii version will be considered "gimped" in the end, just as I think the PS3 and 360's online capabilities might also be gimped, if Spore is even announced for those.

The Wii version might not end up bad...it might be good.  But I am convinced that the PC version will be better...so if they're the same price, I don't have a single reason to buy the Wii version. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM