By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Devil May Cry 4!

krik said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I bought the game for 360 due to the fact that it looks better and it has a better controler for this game.

Well, you based your purchase decision on wrong info (or maybe you only have a 360?). Both the controls and the graphics are a little better on PS3. I posted a thread to a forum where the dude that found out that Halo 3 was 640p posted lots of info about DMC4 and he clearly says:

- they both 720p

- both have 2xAA (but x360 drops AA for some objects)

- PS3 has a full screen, kick ass action motion blur that merges 2 frames

- 360 drops the frame rate from 60 to 30FPS in cut scenes and in action packed areas

- PS3 always runs at 60 FPS

I downloaded the demo on both consoles, and based my purchase on which one I personly thought was better. The PS3 version is really dark, and it's easier to IR on the 360 controller.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

OK this has to stop, I have a PS3 and a 360 and I downloaded both of the demos, there is simply no comparison, the 360's textures are very "rigid" and sharp, very artificial looking. This is especially true during cut-scenes. My friend bought the PS3 version and its incredible. Having both systems, I always buy the version that I feel is better and in this case the PS3 version wins hands down. And don't get me started on the load times.

Theshoe23: You mean the load times voice of gaming Tycho says "Are practically the same"? Alright, we won't.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Who the hell is Tycho?! I believe IGN said that the load times where 2 to 3 times longer on 360, to hell with fanboy fud. I'm just stating what I heard just like you are.

Tycho is one of the guys from Penny Arcade.

edit: had more written but I reread it and didn't like it. 

Around the Network

Once again, this was the developers choice to lead on the 360, atleast the comparison sites actually set the PS3 brightness correctly, no more of those biased comparisons with crappy cables and bad settings.

krik said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
I bought the game for 360 due to the fact that it looks better and it has a better controler for this game.

Well, you based your purchase decision on wrong info (or maybe you only have a 360?). Both the controls and the graphics are a little better on PS3. I posted a thread to a forum where the dude that found out that Halo 3 was 640p posted lots of info about DMC4 and he clearly says:

- they both 720p

- 360 drops the frame rate from 60 to 30FPS in cut scenes and in action packed areas

- PS3 always runs at 60 FPS

I would like a link to that thread please because as far as I know (I can be wrong, thats why I want a link):

PS3 uses motion blur to help with this issue, 2X AA

360 doesn´t need motion blur

FSAA can´t be disabled for some objects (Thats why is called Full Screen AA)

Sorry about that one ^ is no FSAA is MSAA (A little better and still is Full Screen)

Edit: Ok, after looking this is what I found:

PS3 version doesn´t use 2X MSAA all the time, uses motion blur to help...

Motion blur- Left Corner (to see it) :P

360 version, uses 2X MSAA all the time, doesn´t need the motion blur, and there is only one scene(one artifact without 2XAA, not several, or anything like that)

360 Version, no motion blur ,2X MSAA

PS3 Version, 2XAA+ motion blur "that merged two frames!!!!" (Is more visible in the left side of the screen, and even with all that, you can see jaggies in the upper windows)

360 Version, no motion blur, 2X MSAA

PS3 Version, motion blur, No 2X MSAA (More jaggies in the chairs)

360 Artifact (The guys in the forum blame the blend tech not present in the 360 version for this edge) without MSAA

In the end, is not a huge difference...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I bought it for my ps3 instead of my 360 because of frame rate issues on the 360 version, no loading times on the ps3, and I like the ps3 remote better...plus I'm probably going to pick up Lost Odyssey next week for the 360 (although some of its scores are starting to make me hesitant).

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Not only is beautifull but it's cheaper in the 360.

Fanboy? Me? I own BOTH systems. Ppl that DON'T think are the fanboys. You can CHECK YOURSELF to see the differences, I downloaded BOTH demos and checked for myself.

Anyways, fanboy is the one who believes in things even when they don't exist.

FACTS:

-360 Version it's cheaper
-360 Version it's more beautifull
-360 Is cheaper than PS3

Or are you a fanboy waiting for Devil May Cry 5 to look better on PS3? And even that we don't know if it's going to be true....

SONY fanboys are so fu@#$n dumb that only live waiting and believing in things that might or not happen.....

-Some day PS3 MIGHT be superior to 360
-Some day PS3 MIGHT surprass world wide sells of 360
-Some day PS3 MIGHT have better multiplatform versions than 360
-Some day PS3 MIGTH have better and more exclusives than 360
-Some day PSN MIGHT be superior to LIVE
-Etc....

FUC@#n WAKE UP YOU FAG@%s!!!!!!! NOW IT'S THE TIME TO PLAY, WHO CARES WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN 2 OR MORE YEARS?

When the correct time comes I'm the first one to say "PS3 now rocks", I'm hopping this is going to happen in 2009 with KILLZONE 2, the ONLY game that deserves my time in PS3.

oooook........