By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X1 Vs PS4: has the battle turned around ?

has the battle turned around ?

No, PS4 still has more traction 547 77.37%

Maybe, things seem different 70 9.90%

Yes, X1 is starting to pull ahead 89 12.59%

Total:706
NobleTeam360 said:
Both consoles are great in my book, I'm just a little biased towards Xbox, although I try to stay in the middle as much as I can.

Make an account called NobleTeamPS3...NAOW!

Around the Network
Wright said:
Zero999 said:

Xone has more excluives but is $100 more expensive and it's name is stained.

ps4 is cheaper with less compelling exclusives.

still not anyone's game but ps4 has the advantage over xone and wii u has the advantage over ps4 and xone.

What advantage has the WiiU over Ps4 and Xbox One?

price, free online and games. games can be divided in exclusives from both first and third party, as well as the multiplatforms it is receiving, with prospects of increasing in the future.

CGI-Quality said:
Augen said:
Right now in the three major regions

1. EU: Seems like Sony has significant advantage here, my guess for first 18 months? Roughly 2:1
2. NA: Sony has slight advantage, but Xbox has marketing and brand there, 18 months? Roughly 1:1
3. JP: Sony barely has to do anything here and will utterly dominate, 18 months? Roughly 10:1

I agree with almost everything. Brand name will be much less a factor for the X1. One gen has nothing to do with the other, and the PS3 can vouche for that.

So, I think 2:1 in the US is a safe bet, in favor of PS4, at least for a while.

He said 1:1 in NA, which I think is going to be about right. Did you mean EU?

iamdeath said:

Did I say that? Again if you think launch titles  define a system you need your head check, Sony doesn't even have their Biggest games announced, MS panic'd and blew their wad early.

Don't need to prove it the writing is on the wall.

Be better on PC as well.

Don't need to go on personal attacks, I just proved to you that X1 has better launch line up and it's not a dead on arrival system that you guys sentenced it 2 months ago. I know it's your wish but sorry for the reversal.

MS panicked so much that they had couple of their higher rankings talk about competition marketing strategy. Hold on, was that MS?

ListerOfSmeg said:
A good portion of them have been in attack mode against the X1 and Wii U because that's all they really can do at this point because for all of Sonys talk, they have nothing to back it up.

Surely Sony has the most to back them up? Their console sales range from 79m (and counting) to 158m. MS has never made it to this range, and they have never been as low as Nintendo at 22m.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
The Xbox one will perform better than the Xbox 360.

Thats progress isnt it?

Definitely! I've never owned an xbox and am planning on buying one within the first year of release

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Osc89 said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
A good portion of them have been in attack mode against the X1 and Wii U because that's all they really can do at this point because for all of Sonys talk, they have nothing to back it up.

Surely Sony has the most to back them up? Their console sales range from 79m (and counting) to 158m. MS has never made it to this range, and they have never been as low as Nintendo at 22m.

MS doesn't have a country to back'em up and ditch their competition.

Battle ??? Are we at war now ?

Zero999 said:

Xone has more excluives but is $100 more expensive and it's name is stained.

ps4 is cheaper with less compelling exclusives.

still not anyone's game but ps4 has the advantage over xone and wii u has the advantage over ps4 and xone.

ROFL, said no one ever.,

Goatseye said:
iamdeath said:

Did I say that? Again if you think launch titles  define a system you need your head check, Sony doesn't even have their Biggest games announced, MS panic'd and blew their wad early.

Don't need to prove it the writing is on the wall.

Be better on PC as well.

Don't need to go on personal attacks, I just proved to you that X1 has better launch line up and it's not a dead on arrival system that you guys sentenced it 2 months ago. I know it's your wish but sorry for the reversal.

MS panicked so much that they had couple of their higher rankings talk about competition marketing strategy. Hold on, was that MS?

?? Explain HOW you proved that games that are not even OUT are better then others that are not even out? LAunch lineups are pretty much innconsquentila in the success of a console. Sony always delivers with frist party, MS has a spotty history.

When PS4 is almost 2:1 in the US, you should see how little impact the launch lineup has had.