By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X1 Vs PS4: has the battle turned around ?

has the battle turned around ?

No, PS4 still has more traction 547 77.37%

Maybe, things seem different 70 9.90%

Yes, X1 is starting to pull ahead 89 12.59%

Total:706

I wouldn't say around but it's more even now. Ps4 is looking very strong at that price point

Around the Network

Come October, I believe Xbox One will receive quite a boost in the internet popularity stakes. The details that are starting to emerge about Xbox Ones custom CPU will start snowballing over the next month, kicked off by the details MS unveiled at Hot Chips last week, culminating in their post AMD announcement reveal of the full specs for this beastly CPU. No off the shelf slight tweaks here.

More so when we start to see comparisons of 3rd party games running on both systems. The NFS guys have hinted at such already...

Then the Sony guys can start telling us all how specs/performance isn't important - and it's all about how brilliant one or two Sony first party exclusives are. Again.

It's already started - with ethomazs " super secret Drive Club presentation that blew Forza 5 away, but no one knows about it because it's super hush hush secret".

Areym said:
320 people disagree to the...42. Oh wait never mind, the internet is full of Sony fanboys so we can't count that. My bad.

Why are you saying that sarcastically? IT IS!

CGI-Quality said:
brendude13 said:
Areym said:
320 people disagree to the...42. Oh wait never mind, the internet is full of Sony fanboys so we can't count that. My bad.

Why are you saying that sarcastically? IT IS!

It's full of all kinds of mindless fans.

Awww, you broke the sarcasm chain.

JimmyDanger said:
Come October, I believe Xbox One will receive quite a boost in the internet popularity stakes. The details that are starting to emerge about Xbox Ones custom CPU will start snowballing over the next month, kicked off by the details MS unveiled at Hot Chips last week, culminating in their post AMD announcement reveal of the full specs for this beastly CPU. No off the shelf slight tweaks here.

More so when we start to see comparisons of 3rd party games running on both systems. The NFS guys have hinted at such already...

Then the Sony guys can start telling us all how specs/performance isn't important - and it's all about how brilliant one or two Sony first party exclusives are. Again.

It's already started - with ethomazs " super secret Drive Club presentation that blew Forza 5 away, but no one knows about it because it's super hush hush secret".

can anybody post a link to ethomaz presentation i want to read it

also what makes you think that NFS rivals article is taking about a 360 advantage they never mentioned what console performes better

Play Me

Around the Network

Not only is FIFA bundled, but MS struck a deal with EA for exclusive FIFA ultimate team (FUT) Legends. FUT is a huge thing for FIFA. It's the most popular mode.

I between if fat Ronaldo and Zidane were among the legend players then X1 would have become the go to system for FIFA . stealing ground from PS4.

Not really, the PS4 should do much much better then the xbox one

iamdeath said:
FiliusDei said:
I agree that x1 has a much better line up than ps4 for the first year....in my opinion.

That's a massive stretch, especially considering sony has quite a bit more to announce. Even without the unannounced naughty dog and other studio's games it's pretty even.

I don't think they (sony) will have a game better than halo 5 or Q break for 2014 in my opninion. I'll get my ps4 in 2015. MS has a lot of exclusives to show also.

Rare for example has another two games thet have been in development for a while that were not announced. Black tusk has 4 games in development as well.

I really hope we get a new uncharted for 2014 or 2015 and i'd really like to see the last guardian finally on ps4.

Kane1389 said:
Man you guys are trying haaaard lately. It screams insecurity. It's getting really fun to watch.

Basically this.  

I want an Xbone, so I'm honestly not trying to poke fun or anything, but at this point, the Xbox One just doesn't look like an appealing buy to most gamers.  That price tag is killing it, simple as that, really.  

And Kinect. 

And while most gamers don't care about specs or the more intricate workings of the features, one of my biggest hangups is that I cna't USE the damn system for anything but offline, single player games unless I buy into their 60 dollar a  year Xbox Live Gold...which I can't in good conscience do thanks to the fact that I already pay a yearly subscription fee for PS+, which is far and away a better deal. 

I do want an Xbox One, but if I had to chose, I'll go with the PS4.  stronger system, better controller, better price, no kinect, and if my subscription runs out, all I'll be missing out on is online play...which I barely partake in as it is.  PS4U for me!  punny!  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

FiliusDei said:
iamdeath said:
FiliusDei said:
I agree that x1 has a much better line up than ps4 for the first year....in my opinion.

That's a massive stretch, especially considering sony has quite a bit more to announce. Even without the unannounced naughty dog and other studio's games it's pretty even.

I don't think they (sony) will have a game better than halo 5 or Q break for 2014 in my opninion. I'll get my ps4 in 2015. MS has a lot of exclusives to show also.

Rare for example has another two games thet have been in development for a while that were not announced. Black tusk has 4 games in development as well.

I really hope we get a new uncharted for 2014 or 2015 and i'd really like to see the last guardian finally on ps4.

Make it happen Sony. For the love of god, please make it happen.

As for Uncharted, I want the 4th one to be unique. Was I the only one that was thoroughly disappointed with Uncharted 3? Glad ND took some time off Uncharted and developed The Last of Us.

Human contact, the final frontier.