By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X1 Vs PS4: has the battle turned around ?

has the battle turned around ?

No, PS4 still has more traction 547 77.37%

Maybe, things seem different 70 9.90%

Yes, X1 is starting to pull ahead 89 12.59%

Total:706
kowenicki said:
iamdeath said:
Grandia said:
iamdeath said:

Nope, Ps4 pre-orders actually increased the gap.. Why do people put so much meaning behind launch titles? They have little bearing on a console success over the long haul, and many we have no idea how good ore bad they are...

Sony launching not a year behind and not 200 bucks more expensive, with sony's brand power and first party is too much to over come. People have been underestimating just how strong the PS brand is, it's quite hilarious. MS will be fine, but Sony will be first.

Pre-orders do mean something, when the ps4 can be almost 2:1 in Xbox strongest country it is telling......It is the ONLY real facts we have right now. Demand is stronger for the PS4.

Of course Sony will be first, no one really raise this to question. But this topic if microsoft turned the battle refers way more to the questions if the xbox one is abel to keep up with the PS4 and now the chance are quite good that the xbone is  at least a worthy competitor for the ps4.

Umm take a look around...many are saying the x1 is ahead lol. Yes denial is a strong emotion.

there you go again...  "many are saying its ahead"

show me this "many"

You can see them in this thread alone.................

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
Halo and Gears haven't even shown up to the party yet.
Now imagine if MS stopped jerking around and announce Conker, Banjo, Crackdown and PGR for the 2014-15.

PGR , Crackdown, banjo, Connker Against Naught dog, Sony santa Monica and the best of Sony's first party? ROFL. Yes CRackdown and PGR sure are system sellers........................... Please. MS already showed their best, Sony hasn't.

iamdeath said:
Goatseye said:
Halo and Gears haven't even shown up to the party yet.
Now imagine if MS stopped jerking around and announce Conker, Banjo, Crackdown and PGR for the 2014-15.

PGR , Crackdown, banjo, Connker Against Naught dog, Sony santa Monica and the best of Sony's first party? ROFL. Yes CRackdown and PGR sure are system sellers........................... Please. MS already showed their best, Sony hasn't.

You know developers and games are subjective from a taste viewpoint? I agree with Naughty Dog, but I've never liked Sony Santa Monica's offering (At least regarding God of War, which is what they're good at doing). For me, for example, PGR > Any other car game.

Though yeah, I doubt Crackdown is a system seller.

kowenicki said:
The Xbox one will perform better than the Xbox 360.

Thats progress isnt it?

Do you mean at launch or overall?  If overall, I think you are going to be let down.  I see Xbox One doing ~60M max.  It's launch should be better, unless supply is a bigger issue than previously thought.  On a side note, do you still believe that the One winning NA and UK are a given?

@ OP

Nah, it hasn't turned around.  Not even close.  This would mean that momentum has shifted from the PS4 to the One.  That hasn't happened, as the PS4 is still enjoying its momentum.  What has happened, however, is MS has made it possible for the Xbox One to now do relatively well, as opposed to most likely flopping like it would have.

320 people disagree to the...42. Oh wait never mind, the internet is full of Sony fanboys so we can't count that. My bad.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Goatseye said:
Fifa+Kinect+Headset= Kills anything Sony has to offer for $500€

Killzone, eye, 2 controllers and head set > limited fifa bundle.

Extremely limited.  You can't even get it unless you preordered before they announced it.  I don't think MS gets the idea of a preorder bonus.  It's to encourage more people to preorder, not just reward those who have already preordered.  They also said while supplies last.  Wonder how many actually come with it then?  Doubt it will be all of them.

PS4 still has it over Xb one on price, and to a lot of consumers price matters, a lot. And with Bundles like PS4+KZ:SF+PSEye+2nd DS4 at the same price as the base Xb one the perceived value of PS4 out of the box is too high for Xb one to realistically turn the tables on PS4. With the game library and no longer having anti-consumer policies Xb one can close the gap a bit.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I think its very interesting to see the same arguments that Sony fans were making in 2006 are the same arguments that MS fans are making in 2013. When a console is more expensive the word "value" gets thrown around a lot.

2006 --
"The PS3 costs $600, but the X360+WiFi+Live = $560"

"The X1 costs $500, but the PS4+Camera+Headset = $500"

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:

I think its very interesting to see the same arguments that Sony fans were making in 2006 are the same arguments that MS fans are making in 2013. When a console is more expensive the word "value" gets thrown around a lot.

2006 --
"The PS3 costs $600, but the X360+WiFi+Live = $560"

"The X1 costs $500, but the PS4+Camera+Headset = $500"

Don't forget the extra controler and KillZone, that is the bundle that will cost US$ 500,00

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

IMO the only thing microsoft have gain since the change of policies is to remain competitive for next gen. Like i said before and i would do it again, PS4 will sell better than xbox one in the next generation.