By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - X1 Vs PS4: has the battle turned around ?

has the battle turned around ?

No, PS4 still has more traction 547 77.37%

Maybe, things seem different 70 9.90%

Yes, X1 is starting to pull ahead 89 12.59%

Total:706
Mike_L said:
Goatseye said:
Halo and Gears haven't even shown up to the party yet.
Now imagine if MS stopped jerking around and announce Conker, Banjo, Crackdown and PGR for the 2014-15.

You really shouldn't begin talking about IPs.. SCE has a lot of surprises to come from Naughty Dog, Polyphony Digital, Santa Monica, Quantic Dream, Media Molecule, Guerrilla Team 2 etc.

Surprise? Is that a JRPG or another pet game?

Sounds familiar...

Around the Network

Not even in the slightest. The only bad thing is Sony doesn't abandon their consoles early like ms soft and nintendo do software wise. Playstation has had the best software each gen.
5th gen with the ps1
6th gen with the ps2
then 7th gen with the ps3.
The 8th gen will be no different.

Sony has sold more home consoles than Nintendo or Microsoft, and almost more than both of them combined ltd. When things go according to plan this gen, the ps1,ps2,ps3 and 4, will have outsold the nes, snes, n64, gc, wii, wii u, xbox, xbox360, xbox180 combined.

Not really.(not yet at least)

Goatseye said:
Mike_L said:
Goatseye said:
Now imagine if MS stopped jerking around and announce Conker, Banjo, Crackdown and PGR for the 2014-15.

You really shouldn't begin talking about IPs.. SCE has a lot of surprises to come from Naughty Dog, Polyphony Digital, Santa Monica, Quantic Dream, Media Molecule, Guerrilla Team 2 etc.

Sounds familiar...

Gaming is supposed to be fun og entertaining.. You take it all far too seriously. Remember to breathe. Doesn't the pic below impress you as a gamer?

Japan Studio
Main Team: Knack + Freedom Wars + The Legend of Dragoon/Arc the Lad/Wild Arms
Team Ico: The Last Guardian
Project Siren: Gravity Rush 2/Patapon/New IP 
PlayStation C.A.M.P.: Rain

Polyphony Digital
Team 1: Gran Turismo 6 (PS4)/Gran Turismo 7 
Team 2: Gran Turismo VITA

Naughty Dog
Team 1: Uncharted 4/Jak & Daxter/Crash Bandicoot (an Activision employee recently said that Sony now owns the IP)
Team 2: Last of Us 2/New IP

Guerrilla Games
Team 1: Killzone: Shadow Fall
Team 2: New IP

San Diego Studio
Team 1: MLB 14: The Show
Team 2: WipEout Deceit/Jet Moto 4

Santa Monica Studio
Team 1: God of War IV with new protagonist in Norse or Egyptian mythology
Team 2: New open world IP with magic based powers written by Battlestar Galactica writer Michael Angeli (www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/06/08/sony-santa-monica...)

Sucker Punch
Infamous: Second Son

London Studio
Eight Days/The Getaway 3 (Mark Simmons worked on an unannounced AAA character action game at Sony London studio)

Bend Studio
Syphon Filter 4/New IP/Uncharted VITA 2

Evolution Studios
DriveClub

Media Molecule
Team 1: New IP
Team 2: Tearaway

Guerrilla Cambridge
MediEvil 3/Killzone VITA 2

Sony Online Entertainment
PlanetSide 2
DC Universe Online

Insomniac Games
Ratchet & Clank/Spyro the Dragon (Spyro recently disappeared from Vivendi’s list of owned IPs)

Quantic Dream
Singularity/Infraworld/New IP

Ready at Dawn
The Order: 1886

Capcom
Deep Down

Square Enix
Final Fantasy IX: A Realm Reborn

Sumo Digital
Little Big Planet 3 (gimmegimmegames.com/2013/06/little-big-planet-3-leaked-vi...)

From Software
Demon’s Souls 2

Level 5
Dark Cloud 3/Ni No Kuni 2 (www.gamespot.com/news/nino-kuni-sequel-possible-if-ps3-ve...)

Zombie Studios
Blacklight Retribution
Daylight

Digital Extremes
Warframe

Lukewarm Media
Primal Carnage: Genesis

Gajin Entertainment
War Thunder

Housemarque
Team 1: Resogun
Team 2: New game

Giant Sparrow
New IP

Goatseye said:
Osc89 said:
Goatseye said:
MS doesn't have a country to back'em up and ditch their competition.

Do you remember this thread? It was shown the only significant bias was the pro 360 bias in NA.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/business/global/korean-companies-gain-traction-in-japan.html?from=business

I always give people this link to reflect on this matter.

If Sony consoles had sold 1 million tops in US, I would reconsider my opinion.

That is an opinion article. I'll stick with the stats and go with exactly what I said in the thread I mentioned.

"The bias actually seems to be in NA. This week, the PS3 and 3DS outsold the 360 in Europe, Japan and in the rest of the world. However, in NA the 360 outsold them both and makes up more than half the sales. No other console had more than half the sales come from one region (except the DS in NA)."

And it is still true this week.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Around the Network
Osc89 said:
Goatseye said:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/08/12/business/global/korean-companies-gain-traction-in-japan.html?from=business

I always give people this link to reflect on this matter.

If Sony consoles had sold 1 million tops in US, I would reconsider my opinion.

That is an opinion article. I'll stick with the stats and go with exactly what I said in the thread I mentioned.

"The bias actually seems to be in NA. This week, the PS3 and 3DS outsold the 360 in Europe, Japan and in the rest of the world. However, in NA the 360 outsold them both and makes up more than half the sales. No other console had more than half the sales come from one region (except the DS in NA)."

And it is still true this week.

So there's bias against 360 everywhere but US.

This opinion is not fabricated, fais attention!

Mike_L said:
Goatseye said:
Mike_L said:
Goatseye said:

Sounds familiar...

Gaming is supposed to be fun og entertaining.. You take it all far too seriously. Remember to breathe. Doesn't the pic below impress you as a gamer?

Ironic coming from a you, a loyal Sony fan. In almost all the MS and Nintendo articles some people try to bash and undermine their feats and games. And they all have a common denominator. Do you observe the GIfs attacking Xbox brand? Now show me the opposite.

I just don't like lies and misinformation. Be it games or whatever. There's a group that has a certain attitude towards every other console enthusiast that's not normal for people that just want to enjoy games. It looks like their choice don't suffice them anymore so they just go "ham" on others.

Yes, somewhat. but I think the biggest turn around will happen when people get to play both, and they they will chose the one the like better.

So it's still a few months away.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

The Xbox has energized its based the way Romney did after the 3rd debate, but we know the ending.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Sure they turned around the fact that the X1 was going to be a total disaster for MS, into a decent console. That being said MS still has a lot to prove with the X1 and only time will tell how that goes. Including the price point, to prove the X1's first part exclusive support won't dry up in a few years and Kinect.

The difference between MS and Sony right now is that Sony has a plan for the PS4 and so far is willing to stick with it. Sony has an idea what they want the PS4 to be because they need to if they want to stay in this business, they cannot afford to have another PS3. Meanwhile MS still doesn't really know what they want their console to be, is it an all in one box, is it a cloud computing power house, is it the future of video gaming?