By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who else writes?

lol, in my bored years of teenagehood, (2 years ago to be exact), I wrote fanfictions for this forum I was on. but that's the extend of my literacy skill.

Good luck with your English Major, my ex is one too and she's one of the most interesting person to talk to, she opened my eyes to a world I never knew before.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Yes, I know how to write.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I used to write parts of the National Security Estimate. I'm retired from that job now.

I've written several things since 2001, poetry, reviews, short stories, fanfics, etc. Last poem I put up on the net was plagiarized twice, though...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

There's very little I don't write, actually. Essays, video game market analyses, game dialogue, game guides, the occasional bit of fan fiction (which is rare nowadays), even a bit of work on a potential novel. None of it's professional, unfortunately, but all of it is done with a great deal of enthusiasm.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

I use to want to be a writer but I'm a terrible writer. Like Tolkien, I can make a good story but I'm a terrible writer.

Nowadays I just stick furry Teletubbies erotic fan fiction.

I don't write anything in English or with words, but I do write a lot of music media in full orchestra.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

twesterm said:
I use to want to be a writer but I'm a terrible writer. Like Tolkien, I can make a good story but I'm a terrible writer.

It's amazing how well a line like this sticks out when you're just quickly browsing through the page...

I write when I have time, which is never since I'm always playing video games. I think I'm pretty good if I'd ever get around to finishing anything.

twesterm said:

Good to see more folks who dare to be honest about what is possibly the most overrated author in Fantasy history. Tolkien was a good storyteller, not a writer imo, I've read loads of Fantasy authors who are easily better. I think liking Tolkien has become somewhat of a fashion statement after the films, somehow implying that reading him means you're really deep or some such. Notice though, that most of these "fashion fans" of his don't read any other fantasy books, or books at all for that matter...

I'm not opposed to the author or the films. In fact; those movies are among the best modern cinema or video can offer. I'm just thinking what if an even better story, written by a better author had been given that chance to shine on the big screen... 'starts to drool over the concept of a Betrayal at Krondor film...'

PS: I'm not talking about Robert Jordan if anyone wonders, writing an 800 page novel which can be adequately summarized in 3 minutes is not worthy of worship imo. I know the guy just died (and its sad for the fans and family), but it does nothing to redeem his writing.

I've written professional articles on various industries, etc. which were published in relevant (sadly boring) industry magazines.

Also short stories for fun with some small successes in competitions.

Thinking of taking a proper stab at writing a novel but need to allocate time (likely to come out of gaming, but hey you've got to make choices).

I also tend to write very informed but too long entries like this that I strongly suspect few read as they look as daunting as the last four Harry Potter books combined.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...