By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So who else writes?

I know there was a thread about this a while back, but I never read it at all.

So just curious---who else on the site writes? And what kind of writing?

I'm a pretty all-around kind of writer, and I've been at it for a while---I've been serious about it at least through high school; hence I'm now an English major

So if anybody else writes, it would just be interesting to hear from you---and if anybody wants, maybe read some of each others stuff.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

i cant write due to a lack of talent. My media/English teacher is an absolute genius, he can write like a 5 page essay in an hour with every bit of media knowledge known to mankind. he's also the only teacher at my school that actually has respect of the students

I am a technology blogger for my newspaper - been writing for over 30 years. I must do a good job - games keep turning up all over the place!

I used to write in high school, short stories and I even attempted a fantasy novel but got swamped with work. I now write sports articles when I can.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I have written, intermittently, about the microcomputer and games industries since the early 80s.
I've had a load of articles published in national consumer magazines and also in the trade press.
For six months now I have been writing blog entries every weekday. These same articles are used by two Wall Street financial analysis websites and are sometimes reprinted in MCV, the game industry trade newspaper.

Incisive and erudite blog by game industry professional.

http://www.bruceongames.com/

Around the Network

I do quite a bit of rantery, and dabble in the art of trollics.

I write in both Norwegian and English, anything from sci-fi to WWII short stories to fantasy novels.
I've written for about 8 years now, starting in the mid teens and I think that J.K Rowling and Christopher Paolini are the very definition of lack of talent...
I've also written tidbits and one or other odd story for local newspapers and I work as a translator for the biggest Age of Conan website in Norway and partially for Vgchartz!

Parokki said:
I do quite a bit of rantery, and dabble in the art of trollics.

ROTFL - you are too much. 

Only screenplays for my animations

I write for my blog and newspaper, but when I was in school I wrote tons of Poems, and a fairly amount of short tales, I won a National contest with one of them.
I wrote scripts for comic books histories and create my own characthers, probably someday I will present those to a editor. My plan is to publish a book with my short tales when I retire from my job.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989