By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do You Think Nintendo Will Fund Wonderful 101 Sequel?

So Hideki Kamiya at Platinum Games has said he wants to make a sequel to Wonderful 101 on the Wii U.  Now personally I'd like to see it, but do I think Nintendo will fund it?  No because lets be honest Wonderful 101 is not selling good and its review scores are not up to par of the standard that Nintendo carries.  Who knows though, maybe the sales will really pick up in the holiday season and Nintendo will decide to make a sequel.  What do you guys think?  Do you see a sequel coming out?

Around the Network

The game is not even out yet in one major region. Why are we speculating about this?

Depends if its profitable in the long-run.

Is Wonderful 101 profitable? Do we like the concept? Do we like Platinum? Do we want another Starbucks Latte?

Nintendo will need answers for all these questions before this question is answered, in the long run..

green_sky said:
The game is not even out yet in one major region. Why are we speculating about this?

Because Kamiya said he wanted to make a sequel now...all the review scores are out and we can see how the game is selling in many different regions.  I don't see why your against speculating now.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
green_sky said:

Because Kamiya said he wanted to make a sequel now...all the review scores are out and we can see how the game is selling in many different regions.  I don't see why your against speculating now.

Well sure. Am just diversification kind of guy. Power to you and others who can speculate without knowing any information that would be useful in making such a decision. Also link to where the game director said he wants to make a sequel to this?

Let me try to speculate...hmm. If this thread becomes successful. All you going to get is the ryuzaki's of the world coming in and making fun of the game and Nintendo. 

I don't think so

Click HERE and be happy 

green_sky said:

Well sure. Am just diversification kind of guy. Power to you and others who can speculate without knowing any information that would be useful in making such a decision. Also link to where the game director said he wants to make a sequel to this?

Let me try to speculate...hmm. If this thread becomes successful. All you going to get is the ryuzaki's of the world coming in and making fun of the game and Nintendo. 

I'd hardly call the review scores and the sales in every region except one no information...

Here's your link enjoy: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/platinum-games-expresses-desire-for-wonderful-101-sequel

Thanks for the link KingdomHeartsFan.

Hopefully, it finds more success in the Western territories and the fact is, if one executive likes the game enough with even moderate success a sequel is always on the table with certain companies. It is unlikely with Nintendo thought they did make sequels of Cing's adventure games Trace Memory/Another Code and Hotel Dusk/Last Window plus heck the Ace Attorney games on the GBA didn't sell that great and neither did the first few console incarnations of the Monster Hunter games.