By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Only 5 out of 13 Xboned launch countries will support voice commands

Shitting you, I am not.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/get-the-facts?xr=shellnav

Read the smallprint at the bottom.

"Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date. Voice commands will be available at launch in US, UK, CA, FR and DE."

Unlucky Ireland and Australia too by the way, you speak English but fuck your accents. 

Still to be confirmed if the "Angry Scot" accent is supported.

Other than that shit, its a pretty good advertisement and you should check it out!

And for Mr Khan... Because I want to. Deal with it.

Around the Network

Because DE's language is spoken more than ESP's language?!

But surely teh cloud could figure out accents?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

we really need to fix the ghost poster bug...

I will never be able to say "Xbox one prendete carajo".

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Tier 1.5 countries confirmed?

So, if Kinect was still required to use Xbone One, how I will do as spanish if i don't speak english to use the UI????
If i remember correctly from the presentation of Xbox One, the original idea was that everything was under voice commands....

This must be the real reason to not force kinect.....localization problems. The games for Xbox One look as ready as PS4 ones, but the console itself looks not.

Not Spanish? .... I've no idea what they thinking (thought process) but not Spanish?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

Not Spanish? .... I've no idea what they thinking (thought process) but not Spanish?

why would spanish be more important than the languages chosen? I dont think latin america or mexico or spain are massive early adopters of expensive technology. That being said, they should have more language support. they have had kinect out for several years now so they should have been able to support the languages it supports, and I think spanish is one of them.

thranx said:
The Fury said:

why would spanish be more important than the languages chosen? I dont think latin america or mexico or spain are massive early adopters of expensive technology. That being said, they should have more language support. they have had kinect out for several years now so they should have been able to support the languages it supports, and I think spanish is one of them.

Despite being a Sony stronghold, Spain do buy a lot of Microsoft products. You know, and it's one of the most spoken languages in the world.