By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony says Xbox One's free FIFA offer is "kind of odd"

Tagged games:

iamdeath said:
odd? I see it as pretty desperate.

How so? Bundles are common in the gaming industry... Where do trolls like you keep coming from. Wow. Every company.. Ever must be desperate then...

Moderated - Kresnik.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
iamdeath said:
Goatseye said:
Odd is the demagogy they have been spewing lately instead of announcing games and features on their lonely console. Microsoft have been on a steam roll since E3.

Steam roll? How? Nothing has changed, and the pre-order numbers show that. They have announced as many games as MS. MS console right now is a heck of a lot more l;onely, and Sony has not even announced their big projects yet. If anythign Sony has gained more steam. What new feature did MS announce at gamescom? Nothing.

What games they have to go against MSs?

Umm can't use google? Sony's first party speaks for itself......Sony has big games still to announce, and one starts with a u. Look at ps3 the last few years, Sony has always delivered in games, MS abandoined 360 years ago.

Launch lineups are pretty inconsequential in the sales over the life of a console and right now they are pretty even.

The pre-order numbers speak for themselves, if sony's console is lonely what will that make the X1?

Shinobi-san said:
So now bundles are odd? lol

?? A bundle is usually more expensive, xpecially if it is a brand new 60 dollar game, in this case they are giving the game away free.

iamdeath said:
Goatseye said:

Umm can't use google? Sony's first party speaks for itself......Sony has big games still to announce, and one starts with a u. Look at ps3 the last few years, Sony has always delivered in games, MS abandoined 360 years ago.

Launch lineups are pretty inconsequential in the sales over the life of a console and right now they are pretty even.

The pre-order numbers speak for themselves, if sony's console is lonely what will that make the X1?

MS has more arcade/indy games, that Sony finds hip now, in XBLA than Nintendo and Sony put together.

Xbox 360 has a big library of games second to Wii.

X1 has much more rich library at start in terms of games and features, but I don't expect you to recognize that. You just want to argue.

Dupe, locking.

Around the Network
DamnTastic said:
"Why would we go out and add something? Giving away stuff on day one of a new platform launch, in my mind it’s kind of odd," he added.

Driveclub comes to mind...
- free on ps+
- With every ps4 sold comes 30days of free ps+

So they are giving away free stuff at launch

To be fair, it's only 30 days and it's designed to make you pay for the subscription long-term or buy Drive Club which means more money for Sony. For MS, they're giving away a game when they know they'll be sold out at launch.

Not that this isn't a good idea for MS. Fifa is huge in the EU so it's good publicity at the very least.

Goatseye said:
iamdeath said:
Goatseye said:

MS has more arcade/indy games, that Sony finds hip now, in XBLA than Nintendo and Sony put together.

Xbox 360 has a big library of games second to Wii.

X1 has much more rich library at start in terms of games and features, but I don't expect you to recognize that. You just want to argue.

I want to argue? Look at your first post dude, seriously. Really sad.

Ps3 game libray > 360 sorry, I own both... Oh wait you mean indies matter now? At gamescom they didn't lol. MS has done nothing on 360 for several years, Sony doesn't do that with their console. I know which company I trust more with regards to games.

You know what the launch games are like? YOu played then? What was the last console launch titles like? Yeah that's what I thought.

At the start they are basically even with sony still havign Naughty dog, Sony santa monica, and several other studios games to announce, 2014 on ps4 looks better as usual.

What RICh features does x1 have? Will you be able to stream 360 games to x1 like we will on ps4 with ps3 games?

You mean using your x1 with your existing cable as a pass through box that will only really be available in the US?

The sales speak for themself. Most people could care less about voice control gimmicks and using your xbox with your existing cable which you still have to pay for anyway.

Ms is guilty of trying to sell things people don't need or have any use for.