By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Evidence for the existence of God

Misterd said "Lastly, I want to point out that EVERYTHING in your post, even those things not in quotes, was cut and pasted from other websites. What does the Lord think of plagarism?"

It's funny to me how you discount the fact that there is a God, only to admitedly recognize Him as existing in this last part of your post.

Granted you were probably being sarcastic, but still in doing so you prove one of the points made by OP; that there is a moral law ingrained into mankind. That is not consistent with evolution, it is very consistent with the Creation model, and with the fact that there is a God.

Around the Network

OP is well written, and I believe wholly that there is one God, He sent Jesus Chrsit to die on the Cross for our sins, and that all of mankind has been given the freedom to choose or reject God's atonement for their own sin. Faith in Christ leads to heaven, rejecting Christ leads to damnation.

The original article is well written, the bottom line though is to trully believe in God is not a matter of proving Him to be so intellectually, but to be able to have the faith like a little child and just believe.

The existence of DNA doesn't prove god. If anything, comparing different species' DNA proves evolution. There's so much 'junk' in DNA that I don't see how any intelligent being could design it.

There are no objective moral standards. Kant's idea of morality is probably the weakest part of his philosophy. Look at modern studies of morality: Experimentation instead of Kant's speculation. Quoting him on morality is like quoting Aristotle on Physics.

The existence of rationality doesn't prove the existence of a god. The fact that famous minds believed otherwise is quoting authority: A weak rational argument that hasn't been accepted as good since Peter Abelard.

Human self awareness doesn't require a god. Consciousness is not accessible from the outside because we don't have the tools handle the hundreds of millions of neurons and connections... yet. The fact that freedom exists is debatable. We've seen no physical proof of freedom. It's arguable that it's just an illusion. It'd be pretty depressing if that were true, but not wanting to believe in a fact is not an argument for or against it.

The argument of the 'existence of the universe' is one of the oldest ones, and the easiest to disprove. If the universe has to have a beginning, and that beginning is god, then why doesn't god have to have a beginning too? Would god's creator have a creator? It's just pathetic to see someone make that argument in this day and age.

The universe is fine tuned. yeah, right. More quotes to important people, as if rational people accepted quotes from scientists as a fundie respects quotes from the bible. Should I be surprised if, rolling a 100 sided die, I roll a 92? there was only one chance in 100 of that result happening!

Now, a rational person will tell you that we don't have proof of the lack of existence of a god either, just like we don't have proof that there's no unicorns. It's just pretty bloody unlikely.

Besides, isn't god all about faith? if there's proof, there's no faith. If a god was provable, and wanted me to believe in him, he'd just show up in front of me,as a burning bush with purple flames, and say ' hey dude, I exist. Worship me or be damned eternally'. If instead god can't be proven, then looking for silly proofs that don't prove squat and posting them on a website is not just a total waste of time, but also a way of making sure people believe for all the wrong reasons.

Either way, your post fails.

there must be someone that created this world we live in, it cannot just came out of nowhere!! thats the best evidence

I think the simple answer to all those questions about the existance of god can be found right here it's THE OFFICIAL GOD FAQ.

http://www.400monkeys.com/God/

PS3 number 1 fan

Around the Network
hibikir said:
The existence of DNA doesn't prove god. If anything, comparing different species' DNA proves evolution. There's so much 'junk' in DNA that I don't see how any intelligent being could design it.

Proving Evolutiuon doesn't disprove gods existence, so I don't see why that matters.

It's also amazing that when you have a tool for every single contingency, and you throw it all into one big sack, and then leave 90% of it in the sack because you never found a chance where you needed it, it ends up looking like junk.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

joseardzm said:
there must be someone that created this world we live in, it cannot just came out of nowhere!! thats the best evidence

This simple statement is the most intellegent post that has been made so far in this discussion, and God gives HIs testimony towards this end.....

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written. The just shall live by faith.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Aliens genetically engineered us.

LOL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Weezy you Raelian!

http://www.rickross.com/groups/raelians.html

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Wow that video at the homepage kinda scared me.

That alien with hair? good god!

Sometime when I thinkabout religion my head feels like its about to explode

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY