By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Evidence for the existence of God

Double post - Srry!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Just to clarify my position (and probably make the matter more complicated) take these two cases for the universe
1- The pro-God crowd want to tell me that nothing was there and suddenly God made something appear out of nothing! That is not believable.
2- The anti-God crowd want me to believe that before this universe there was another, and another, and another, and another (the whole crunch and big bang theory) but that fails to explain how all this started. After all time has a beginning, and they just say that it doesn't. To me that is even more illogical than the first guys.

gorgepir said:
The proof for the existence of God is as valid as the proof that he(?) doesn't exist.

While most people had funny responses to why they think the original post was wrong, that does not prove that God doesn't exist. The strongest thing that the anti-God crowd have is Occam's Razor, but that is just what it is, a razor not a theory or fact.
All the pro-God crowd think that when you can't explain the system, there must be something out of this system to make it work. Could be true, but does not necessarily prove it.
To me atheism is a religion, so everyone who quotes Marx when he says that religion is the opium of the masses are hypocrites.

People who believe in god don't have actual Proof. Some claim they have like, for example, a vision or some 'miracle' but that's just not cutting it. Some people don't believe in god but they don't have the actual facts laid out for them to proof it. And that is the most brilliant thing about 'god'. People don't have proof of his existence, nor do they have of his inexistance. So people will always keep arguing about it. Some people want to believe in it, they get hope out of it, and that's their choice. If it helps you be a better person, be my guest! I'm a guy who doesn't believe in god, just for the reason that i don't need it, don't feel like it and don't think there is one but im fine with people believing in it! That's their opinion, this is mine!

The funny thing about how it cannot be proven (the fact that god does/does'nt exist) is a tricky one. If i were to say that if everyone dies and has lived a good live he will come up in an arcadehal with a motherbrain which lets everything function. That could be as true as 'god'. It's just that what the masses believe becomes the 'standard'. Normal is relative. Example: Nowadays, people believe Darwin is right (so do i). 100-150 years ago, you would be a madman for saying that and you might just have been lucky enough to be executed.

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:
gorgepir said:
The proof for the existence of God is as valid as the proof that he(?) doesn't exist.

While most people had funny responses to why they think the original post was wrong, that does not prove that God doesn't exist. The strongest thing that the anti-God crowd have is Occam's Razor, but that is just what it is, a razor not a theory or fact.
All the pro-God crowd think that when you can't explain the system, there must be something out of this system to make it work. Could be true, but does not necessarily prove it.
To me atheism is a religion, so everyone who quotes Marx when he says that religion is the opium of the masses are hypocrites.

People who believe in god don't have actual Proof. Some claim they have like, for example, a vision or some 'miracle' but that's just not cutting it. Some people don't believe in god but they don't have the actual facts laid out for them to proof it. And that is the most brilliant thing about 'god'. People don't have proof of his existence, nor do they have of his inexistance. So people will always keep arguing about it. Some people want to believe in it, they get hope out of it, and that's their choice. If it helps you be a better person, be my guest! I'm a guy who doesn't believe in god, just for the reason that i don't need it, don't feel like it and don't think there is one but im fine with people believing in it! That's their opinion, this is mine!

The funny thing about how it cannot be proven (the fact that god does/does'nt exist) is a tricky one. If i were to say that if everyone dies and has lived a good live he will come up in an arcadehal with a motherbrain which lets everything function. That could be as true as 'god'. It's just that what the masses believe becomes the 'standard'. Normal is relative.

hmmm, isn't that what I said? I said neither sides have proof, just their beliefs. I am wondering if you are agreeing with what I said or contradicting it.

gorgepir said:
StarcraftManiac said:
gorgepir said:

The funny thing about how it cannot be proven (the fact that god does/does'nt exist) is a tricky one. If i were to say that if everyone dies and has lived a good live he will come up in an arcadehal with a motherbrain which lets everything function. That could be as true as 'god'. It's just that what the masses believe becomes the 'standard'. Normal is relative.

hmmm, isn't that what I said? I said neither sides have proof, just their beliefs. I am wondering if you are agreeing with what I said or contradicting it.

Your post wasn't there when i was typing it... My post was rather long, it took me like 5 minutes or something and the thread was still at the former page. 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:
gorgepir said:

The funny thing about how it cannot be proven (the fact that god does/does'nt exist) is a tricky one. If i were to say that if everyone dies and has lived a good live he will come up in an arcadehal with a motherbrain which lets everything function. That could be as true as 'god'. It's just that what the masses believe becomes the 'standard'. Normal is relative. Example: Nowadays, people believe Darwin is right (so do i). 100-150 years ago, you would be a madman for saying that and you might just have been lucky enough to be executed.

Actualy thats a trapp set by the church to make it imposible to disprove God, what they did wa asociete themselves with an abstract concept that, true, it is hard to disprove as a pure philosophical concept. Thing is, it's not at all like that, the only thing you have to do to disprove God is to disprove the church it comes from, and that is so easy it's just sad.

I’m surprised at the different opinions on this subject I expected something entirely different. Sorry about the premature post ( I was about to post something totally different from this). Ok let me get started, I would like to say that I for one agree that there is a God, the world that we live in is too intriguingly creative to just be created out of a series of random events. If you think about it for a minute you will see what I’m talking about, practically everything in this world exist with something or someone taking care of it. Think about it what happens if you leave food out? It spoils right? But if you warp it up and put it in the refrigerator it stays fresh. This is a small example of what I’m getting at, the world works more this way the you imagine. In the animal kingdom (I’ll use lions as examples) the male and the female lions mate (not going into details here but afterwards a baby cub is born). The mother then nurtures her young while the father hunts for food, now what will happen if the parents never existed? Now skipping all of the little things that would happen and going straight for the main thing for one the cub would cease to exist. If there’s no parents there can be no baby, why am I saying this well the main theory behind evolution is to excluding the existence of a God of any kind and to bring forth the Big Bang theory. The very idea of nothingness creating everything contradicts everything this world is built upon. If something created this world randomly how would it create it so divinely? Surely an explosion would not create something that is so complex and so detailed from the structure to the inhabitants. I feel we weren’t just spawned here from some random explosion of nothingness , no we were created by God.

These are my beliefs/theories if you disagree with them feel free to reply.

P.S. it is really late here I don’t even know why a still awake I’m going to bed now but I’ll read any replies that I get later today (I have a feeling that this thread isn’t going anywhere soon).

I have to admit, there is one proof to the existence of God that NOONE can discredit. The fact that Smash bros brawl is made. I mean how can there not be a god since smash bros is so great? :)

OP's copypasta is really devious. It's convincing enough for people who want to believe it, but at the same time too long for people who know better to tear it up. Definitely too long for me to try debunking first thing in the morning before breakfast. =P

My favorite instance of trying to apply logic to religion was a monk in 11th or 12th century Europe, who used the ancient Greek arts of logic and reason to prove without a shred of doubt that God indeed existed. Apparently he was pretty good as far as medieval thinkers go.

However, the time wasn't quite ready for him, and he was accused of heresy because "only the Bible may be used to justify Bible!" A century earlier he might've been in more serious trouble, but managed to get out of it by renouncing his heresies and burning his books.

can't we go back to discussing things like Kittens?

Oh how I miss the days where the most mind intensive thread was the meat ship.