By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Grand Theft Auto V Thread: GTA ONLINE OUT NOW!

Favourite protagonist?

Micheal 61 58.10%

Franklin 16 15.24%

Trevor 22 20.95%

Total:99
NobleTeam360 said:
Question should I wait to see if the game makes it's way to PS4 or buy for 360?

You might get a discount off it with a trade-in, or it could come bundled with DLC (I'm hoping a big expansion) to soften the blow. I'm getting both.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Question should I wait to see if the game makes it's way to PS4 or buy for 360?

Get it for 360. Not only may it never come for the PS4, but if it does it'll be like a year after this version launches anyway. Also, I should stress a 8GB install is mandatory for BOTH VERSIONS. Something to keep an eye out for.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Called 3 independent shops yesterday, none would sell early ;;;;;;(((( so I'll just get it tomorrow after school. 

hype gifs:

dat trafik:

Those GIFs are awesome! Particularly the one with the plane. Dat draw distance.

So looks like one of my local stores started selling copies early. Sadly, they only had 20 cies and they've all gone. Looks like it's starting eh?

Around the Network

This is it! THE FINAL DAY!

Today, we will find out how the game is from reviewers, and we will conclude the 5 year wait! Let's go!

So it seems as though the embargo has been broken by a couple of sites, thus giving us some reviews early (the embargo lifts in 6 hours proper). However, here is those first few reviews for you, as well as a brief summary:

Gamekult: 9/10  (Though they never give 10/10. Ever)

"This success story, the GTA has an incredibly thoughtful atmosphere, in line with San Andreas, to an increasingly rich gameplay, to establish missions exceptionally large, and a really clear technique for a game like , probably the nicest surprise from Rockstar. The wait was long, the hopes placed in him may be excessive, and there is still some details to be refined, especially aiming. But GTA 5 has succeeded: getting exceptional to the norm. A lesson."

MORE

• An open world lesson
  • The distance display, hallucinatory
  • Of pleasurable situations as varied as
  • An excellent trio
  • Missions branches
  • This science writing
  • Planes, helicopters, submarines ...
  • The fanservice that gives pleasure
  • And even golf!

LESS

• Gunfights too rigid
  • Features, frankly secondary
  • NPC who swear
  • More missions we would like trio
  • Sometimes confusing instructions
  • Tennis so-so
  • And if there had been the coop ...
Now, I don't know about you, but I see a couple of things in that "cons" section which, well, aren't true. Regardless, onto the next review:
"GTA V is, so far, the game of the year and should not, despite the arrival of the PS4 and Xbox One, blurt this title. "
Strenghts
  • The universe
  • The many activities
  • Variety and quality of radio talks shows
  • Impressive technical
  • Writing the script
  • A dynamic and easy game to take over
  • An AI sometimes sneaky

Weaknesses:

• Missions unequal
  • sometimes irritating game difficulty
  • Some sometimes rough environments
I will be updating this thread as more reviews trickle in, so be here in about 6 hours! They'll be a proverbial tidle wave of reviews then...

I was totally not hyped for this game but everyone is talking about it and the hundreds of GIF's on Neogaf made me pre order it today. The store told me the game will cost around 45 euro (only tomorow)... Also when pre ordering someone sold their Wii U and pre ordered GTA V (and also got a 3DS)... I feel sad for you Wii U/ PC owners :(.

A big day in gaming history is upon us. No but seriously 5 years, this game, one more day UGGGG.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

Keza is reviewing it on IGN, so maybe not a 10 from IGN after all? After that preview they posted, with whoever made it, having hypegasms all over it, I thought it's a sure bet.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!