By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - View of Wii-fit from a non-Wii owner's prespective (No Wii owners allowed)

coolestguyever

www.wiifolder.com/tours.html .. you do much more than reach stretch and lean..

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Wii fit is a fun game, it isn't a weight loss cure all, but it will help you get active and with the help of a good diet and some other exercise could help you reach your goal

My goal is to play good games. I don't think Wii Fit can help me out there.

PSN - hanafuda

@kingofwale:

You said you buy consoles for games, not workout video.

WTF? If you buy consoles for GAMES, then why did you buy a PS3 or a Xbox360 ?? THE console for GAMES IS the Wii, those other two huge machines are aimed at integrating every other entertainment media (like music, movies, etc.). And they do it to distract people from their crappy games!

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

Vladez said:
@kingofwale:

You said you buy consoles form games, not workout video.

WTF? If you buy consoles for GAMES, then why did you buy a PS3 or a Xbox360 ?? THE console for GAMES IS the Wii, those other two huge machines are aimed at integrating every other entertainment media (like music, movies, etc.). And they do it to distract people from their crappy games!

There really was no need for such a response, and you do not help the situation

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

@kingofwale:

For people like you, this gen is gonna be a hard one, simply put, because there will be games you do not understand that will sell very well, but i am hoping as time goes on you open your heart a little more and give these things a try before you dismis them, i am asuming you have not even touched the balance board or seen many games for it.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

a lot of people don't actually understand what wii fit is

it is not like thighmaster or abcizer or those other things that millions of people buy

it is more like a personal trainer...it takes into account your current situation (height/weight/bmi/etc) and your goals (lose 30 pounds in 2 months) and gives you a personalized program to meet those goals

this program may include telling you to run 2 miles each day

you log your non-wii fitness into the system as well (whether that is running 2 miles or lifting weights at the gym) and then you can also do exercises on the balance board itself

the balance board is like a personal trainer because it ensures that you do the exercise properly...

for instance, when you do pushups, it has you do them within a time frame, similiar to how you have to time your notes in guitar hero...so you can't slack and rest before a set is up or do less than you are supposed to...and it can sense your exact balance, so it can see if you are doing the pushup correctly or not and give you real-time feedback

it's much closer to a personal trainer than a workout video because it personalizes the workouts to you and it tells you when you are doing an exercise incorrectly and helps you correct it

u can tell a person how to do a pushup or a lunge or any other exercises, but they may then go home and do it incorrectly and never know that

additionally, it provides motivation for the person, as they can see their progress, and they are told what they need to do each day to accomplish their goal, so they will be more likely to actually go run that 2 miles or go lift those weights than if they don't have anything giving them that incentive other than a vague goal of 'dropping a few pounds this year'

to sum it up, most people need STRUCTURE to get things done, unless the things are something that they truly love or feel motivated to do

sure there are some people who love to exercise and do it for that love, so don't need any structure to go run every day or go to the gym or do some pushups or crunches...wii fit isn't targetted at those people

similiar to how there are some people who love playing complex button mashers and 'hardcore games' with existing pads...but most people need accessible controls where they hit 1-2 buttons max and can easily pick up the controller and play a game right away....the wii is targetted at those people, who make up the vast majority of the population

so it is not surprising to find that many people who fit into the 'hardcore gamer' category also think that people 'should just go to the gym' instead of using wii fit

just like there are tons of people out there who look at gh3 and say "just go learn a guitar instead"

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I'll be getting it for my mum's Wii as a present most definitely. And I'll be using it for sure everytime I'm home.

kingofwale said:
>I just made an assumption about you,

debater rule number 1. do NOT let your personal feeling influence your view.

debater rule number 2. focus on the topic, not your opponent.

debater rule number 3. do not label others, as everyone will feel that you are unable to defend your point without going into personal attacks.

Follow those rules and you will improve your ability.

Funny, you said earlier that this was a survey not a debate.  So debate rules should not apply.  If you want a debate, and not just a "Wii-fit sucks" thread, you are going to actually have to listen to the opinions of Wii owners.

If you had just wanted to do a survey you should have asked "Are you going to to buy Wii-fit or not?" or "Would buy a game like this on your console if it was available?"  Not "What do you think of Wii-fit?", as long as you don't like the Wii.  That pretty much shows that position is so weak that you would not be able to debate the topic of Wii-Fit. 

And yes you can survey who ever you want, but when you only chose a select group you pretty much invalidate the survey.

And one last point, this is a formn open to everyone.  The point of it is news and debate.  If you don't want anyone to contridict your opinion, you really should post something like this on a Sony only or MS only forum.

BornFirst. said:
@kingofwale:

For people like you, this gen is gonna be a hard one, simply put, because there will be games you do not understand that will sell very well, but i am hoping as time goes on you open your heart a little more and give these things a try before you dismis them, i am asuming you have not even touched the balance board or seen many games for it.

From what I've seen so far the Wii fit games would make most of Atari 2600 games look hardcore. (take away the scales there isn't much left) I'm still puzzled why MMORPG do so well. I tried my best to play them yet in the end they seem to be nothing but a chore. I just keep playing for months wondering when will the fun part begins. As more of these simple games becomes more successful the less the games that has depth will become. So it's not just consoles games that's losing depth but many PC games as well.

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp