By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One console delays explained, voice-control localisation is key issue says Penello

endimion said:

you do realize localization includes market place, localized services/apps, and yes voice.... but yeah you are right they are lying with a worst excuse than what a lack of supply would be.... makes perfect sense....

The MS guy itself (Penello) is saying maybe he is wrong that make this news here false.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5625284

I said before that localization is not the issue to the delay... it was a business decision... the prodction was not enough to supply all 21 countries so MS decided to focus in less countries.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

endimion said:

you do realize localization includes market place, localized services/apps, and yes voice.... but yeah you are right they are lying with a worst excuse than what a lack of supply would be.... makes perfect sense....

The MS guy itself (Penello) is saying maybe he is wrong that make this news here false.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5625284

I said before that localization is not the issue to the delay... it was a business decision... the prodction was not enough to supply all 21 countries so MS decided to focus in less countries.

and he did check and he confirmed he wasn't wrong you are late on the news, you missed it. it's even been posted here on the forum

but then again the simple fact that saying localization is the issue is worst than saying supply is I don't see your logic. but fine you are right, I had a lot of consideration for you as opposed to other PS fans but lately you have been surfing the same wave as the likes of riderzNUMBERNUMBERNUMBER. so you know what keep having fun with what you are doing I'll try to keep civil but I think the dialogue is kind of pointless from now on...

endimion said:

and he did check and he confirmed he wasn't wrong you are late on the news, you missed it. it's even been posted here on the forum

but then again the simple fact that saying localization is the issue is worst than saying supply is I don't see your logic. but fine you are right, I had a lot of consideration for you as opposed to other PS fans but lately you have been surfing the same wave as the likes of riderzNUMBERNUMBERNUMBER. so you know what keep having fun with what you are doing I'll try to keep civil but I think the dialogue is kind of pointless from now on...

He posted here a day ago. The new is today lol see his last post... he is checking about again because he get wrong info.

The last post from him: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78951905&postcount=365

Three hours ago.

Are you crazy?

it seems like is all a lie.

"Xbox voice commands will not be available in all markets on the product release date. Voice commands will be available at launch in US, UK, CA, FR, and DE"

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/get-the-facts?xr=shellnav

and scroll down

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

ethomaz said:

endimion said:

He posted here a day ago. The new is today lol see his last post... he is checking about again because he get wrong info.

The last post from him: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=78951905&postcount=365

Three hours ago.

Are you crazy?

dude they don't have supply issues this has been confirmed at a higher level than AP. but whatever.  Like I said I'd rather have them have supply issue than localization, so I'd be happy if you are right since this would be better than localization

Around the Network

endimion said:

dude they don't have supply issues this has been confirmed at a higher level than AP. but whatever.  Like I said I'd rather have them have supply issue than localization, so I'd be happy if you are right since this would be better than localization

Localization is no the key issue for the delay lol

Did you read my comments?

"That excuse lies when you have one supported country and another not supported that uses the same language lol."

Tuned to be true... localizations is a false excuse.

I don't see how but OK I don't care really since I'm not concerned anyway

endimion said:

Because the languages won't be working even for the 13 countries... so why not release in the others 8 without languages like the 13? Understand now? Languages issues didn't make MS delay the launch.

sorry but voice recognition software has been available for years so saying that they can't get certain voice activation in certain countries is a joke, does microsoft think we are all idiots or just a certain few that are the exception.

i had a cell phone in 2005 that could voice dial, sat navigation in Ferraris, BMWs, Mercedes Benz, AUDI, Lamborghini etc all have voice control which works with pretty much every EU language yet the biggest software developers can't even get it's own voice controlled device to work, sounds like a very lame excuse to me and i forgot to add the biggest use of voice control "siri", why does microsoft find it so hard when apple makes it look so easy.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

ethomaz said:
endimion said:

Because the languages won't be working even for the 13 countries... so why not release in the others 8 without languages like the 13? Understand now? Languages issues didn't make MS delay the launch.

it's funny how you have a selective understanding of the info you post, localization is not about language only, it has been said it encompass localization of the marketplace. the geo specific services and apps in each countries.... tell me how they supposed to launch if they don't have it localized in those region???

but yeah it's all about language and they are lying. we got your stand on all things XB lately.

but tell me since we know it's not supply, and apparently you are convince MS is lying to us, what do you think is the reason ????