By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lost odyssey gets a 5/10 from gamespy.

also IGN gave it a 8.2 showing gametrailers is most likely alot closer then gamespy is

Gamespy was unbelievably harsh

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Around the Network

I suppose its a bit like Lair :P (what? was it something I said?)

I will have to play the game myself to be the judge. When it comes to JRPGs, reviews have been utterly unreliable with a growing frequency. Some of the worse RPGs I've played have been acclaimed by reviewers, of course they usually have Final Fantasy in the title. FFVII, FFVIII, FFX-2, and FFXII immediately come to mind.

tombi123 said:
I suppose its a bit like Lair :P (what? was it something I said?)

Ya... your pretty much a failure. lol

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

What it comes down to is that most reviewers are hardcore gamers and hardcore gamers tend to love FPS games and despise turn based jrpg's....nothing surprising about this.

However, I LOVE turn based old school jrpg's, so I'm sure I'll love this game.

The one thing that IS UNFORGIVABLE is the 30 second loading times for EACH battle. That's ridiculous and DOES warrant a full point deduction. Couldn't they make a HD install option...sort of like DMC4 on ps3? Not required since everyone doesn't have a HD, but just an option for those who do have hard drives?

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

I knew this game would be average. But my bro. doesn't believe me, and plans on buying it next week. I'm telling him not to waste his money, but does he listen? no!

If it was on PS3 GT would give it 7/10.

Sigh I love that comment =p.

Still going to buy it.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

It's funny cause normally Gamespy is one of the most lenient reviewers out there. Meaning the game has to really really be awful for them to give it a bad review.

I'm not so sure about this game. I watched the video trailer. And I've read this review and the IGN review and this may be a gamefly rental for me. I enjoyed the action/adventure RPG of Mass Effect and Zelda TP, heck I even enjoyed FFXII I haven't really enjoyed a traditional RPG since maybe FFX?

But I'd at least give this game a shot to form my own opinion.

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!