By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your Favourite Next Gen Feature?

riderz13371 said:

What I personally like is the super fast and responsive UI. I can't speak for the Xbox 360, but on the PS3 it is sometimes very slow, especially when you are in game and are trying to read or send a message to someone. It can surely test my patience.

i'll second that!   i looooved my ps3 and then i got vita...   after releasing how fast and responsive things could be my view of ps3 kinda went down a notch.  i absolutly love that ps4 and xbone will feature the same game suspending mode and the low power state "off" that vita currently does.  i use it all the time and it is sooo amazing to just flip between games and some other application and then just jump back in and then turn the system off for the night and be back in my game in 2 seconds after picking it back up again in the morning.

..and who could forget background downloading and installing of updates. 

i'm also excited about vita remote play.  i travel a lot for work and if i can get that to work while i'm aboard i'm going to be sooooooo happy.

and then just the games.  even the launch games look soo good.  the fluidity of animations is just soo sexy.

Around the Network

Graphics

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Interactivity with environment and characters, and maybe graphics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''You tend to think that there is a big gap between F1 and everything else. F1 is where all the fantastic drivers are, so you just don't know how good you are until you get there''.                  

Jean Alesi

besides the "more power" "bigger and better games"
the new/better controllers...
after that, the record and share gameplay.
remote play also a great feat.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

So many more grafiks! There is not really much else lol....

And all the digital stuff. (But that's more or less this gen as well.)

Around the Network

Shorter loading times. Faster optical drives and mandatory installs will (hopefully) cut down some of those annoying load screens.

Second on the list would be the suspend/resume feature (sleep mode). Stop playing a game and shut the console down into a low power state, turn it back on and resume where you left off. Saves me having to power the console up and down every time I want to play something.

all i want is good gaming, with no ported BS, or forced unwanted peripherals. and a better controller for the ps brand which looks like they might have done. we will see. not to mention the UI improvements ps4 is making compared to the ps3. i just hope it carries over to the psn at some point if not already for the ps4.