By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DualShock 4 is about to revolutionize the gaming industry

Touchpads on controllers.........now where have I heard that before.............................oh right.

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
Touchpads on controllers.........now where have I heard that before.............................oh right.

not sure where you heard it, but I think the whole idea sucks and they shouldnt have put one in.

Kyuu said:
Fighting games being better on PS3 is an outright fact man, as do racers on Xbox 360. 

I disagree. I've been racing dual sticks style since the first Gran Turismo, and to me it beats any other button configuration. I use the right stick for acceleration and breaking and it feels more natural for me than using the triggers. 

Hynad said:
Kyuu said:
Fighting games being better on PS3 is an outright fact man, as do racers on Xbox 360. 

I disagree. I've been racing dual sticks style since the first Gran Turismo, and to me it beats any other button configuration. I use the right stick for acceleration and breaking and it feels more natural for me than using the triggers. 

Exactly proving one of my points.

Kyuu said:
walsufnir said:

You are right but I was exclusively talking about the next controllers, the current situation is well known to most of us, I think

True but I thought you didn't have a PS3 so thought I clear that out.

Some people here are more excited than they should be LOL they act as if they've spent years on both controllers :)

I have played on every controller from Sony, beginning with the only-digital version to negcon, even this one:

My opinion about the gamepad-design is set in stone since ages so I am really curious how the redesign will be for me.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Hynad said:
Kyuu said:

What point?

Hynad said:
walsufnir said:
Hynad said:
Kyuu said:

What point?

Personal preference is a crucial point in the discussion which is better for a genre. That's why I tried to summarize "facts" and made them different to opinion.

This is just too much. The touchpad will only have very small uses, it can barely fit one fingerprint. If it was a touch screen just like Nintendo´s gamepad, it could have some interesting uses, but as it is, it seems unecessary

walsufnir said:
Personal preference is a crucial point in the discussion which is better for a genre. That's why I tried to summarize "facts" and made them different to opinion.

Of course it's all based on opinions. To this day, I still think the Gamecube controller is the best controller ever made. But not everyone will agree. To some, it's too small.... or the C stick is all wrong, or whatever...

Saying "this controller has this over this one", even if it's a fact, calling said features a definite advantage over the other is still subjective at the end of the day.

Take the trigger rumbles for the XBO for example. I couldn't care less about such features, since the first thing I do when I turn on my consoles is to put the vibration options off. I just don't like rumble, unless it's for a steering wheel. 

ethomaz said:

walsufnir said:

In your opinion, yes

The sticks in Xbone controller are like DS3... the only great improviment in Xbone controlle is the dpad... so if MS just make a 360 controller with the Xbone controller dpad it's will be perfect but they changed.

Now the PS4 controller is more close to 360 controller in terms.

I will try them soon and give you a more detailed opinion.

More like biased opinion.