Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U owners: would you rather play Rayman Lengends with wiimote+numchuck

Ideal play set up

Gamepad 31 77.50%

Wii mote+ Numchuck 9 22.50%

Total:40

Essentially The gamepad functionality in Rayman Legends is just a less intuitive method of using wii mote as an on screen pointer. When I played the demo, I thought having to look between the 2 screens just to control your fairy friend was a tad exhausting if you're playing on a tv and damaging to the pace of the game (not to say its not enjoyable). Playing the Pupeteer demo with PS move, I was reminded that there have been many games with a similar gameplay mechanic of having a companion to interact with the environment on the wii and they all work better than the gamepad set up IMO (Mario Galaxy, Zack and Wicky and Lost Winds amongst the most notible).

Lost winds, one of the games that used a similar mechanics on the wii.

Would you rather play the game with the wii mote and Numchuck, or with the gamepad? 

So far the game is confirmed to support classic control and wii remote play (horizontal), but no word on whether it will support wii mote and numchuck.

Around the Network

gamepad all the way. played the demo and it sold me on the controls

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

I HATE the wiimote.

So gamepad always and forever.

JoeTheBro said:
I HATE the wiimote.

So gamepad always and forever.

I would have to agree. Plus the Gamepad with this game is a lot of fun.

@OP

What is that game? Was it released on a Nintendo system?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Oh nevermind. NOthing I would be interested in.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

this a serious thread? The gamepad is what sold me on the game lol. Never was into Rayman before.

spurgeonryan said:

Do you mean Lostwinds?  It was a pretty good platformer on WiiWare.  It also had a sequel that was even better.  They are exploration style platformers if you are interested in that sort of thing.

NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

theRepublic said:
spurgeonryan said:

Do you mean Lostwinds?  It was a pretty good platformer on WiiWare.  It also had a sequel that was even better.  They are exploration style platformers if you are interested in that sort of thing.

I have never been a fan of games you have to use a computer mouse with, and that is what the wiimote reminds me of in this game.

Cobretti2 said:
this a serious thread? The gamepad is what sold me on the game lol. Never was into Rayman before.

Have you played any of the above games on wii or games with similar mechanics? Their set up works exactly the same as rayman with the gamepad. I found rayman fun but thought it suffered from minor issues that are not present when using the wii mote and numchuck where the entire focus is on one screen and at no point do you need to priotise controlling the avatar/fairy above platformin. One of the best things about rayman orgins is building momentum, having to use the touchscreen slows that momentum down IMO.

Actually I had the exact same thought when I played the demo. The gameplay would be simplier and better (not having to drop eyes) with the IR of the wiimote. I saw nothing in the demo that couldn't have been done, and most likely done better on Wii. Aside from the asymmetrical gameplay aspects, I felt the same about many Nintendoland games I played.

Wiimote/nunchuk all the way.