By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 3D mark 06 scores

I just benchmarked my pc and it got 10900ish, and I just wondered how well everyone else scores.

Around the Network

around 9500 =(

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Ironically I re-installed this last night since I hadn't tested things out since I got my second GT.

As of now I'm getting 11,426 no OC.

SM2.0: 4954

HDR/SM3.0: 6316

CPU: 2207

edit: Not sure why those don't add up to the overall score...weird...

To Each Man, Responsibility

It helps when you state your specs when telling 3DMarks...
Mine is 108xx with a E6600 + 8800GTS 512MB both on stock clocks no OC.

sqrl - how is your score higher than mine with 8800GT and Athlon X2???

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Around the Network

ihira: you're right.

3DMark2006 score:

Specs:
Asus P5B-E
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2,7GHZ
Kingston 4GB RAM @ 600MHz (1:1)
2x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB 16MB in Raid-0
Club3D Geforce 8800GTS 320MB @ 600MHz core, 1400MHz shader & 1900MHz memory
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

ihira said:
It helps when you state your specs when telling 3DMarks...
Mine is 108xx with a E6600 + 8800GTS 512MB both on stock clocks no OC.

sqrl - how is your score higher than mine with 8800GT and Athlon X2???

My system has changed a bit since my last post in the PC thread =P

Part of it was the recent system gymnastics with swapping/trading parts with a friend to help him out.

My current system is:

Athlon 64 X2 6000+
8800 GT 512MB in SLI
4GB DDR2 800

etc...

I also have one of the best motherboards on the market in terms of performance. Asus Crosshair, normally I would never go for a board on the high end but I got a fabulous deal on it snatched it up when I built my PC.

Really though the X2 line is very underrated by a lot of people right now. While I wouldn't use an AMD chip in a top teir system the X2s are imo hands down the best mid to high range chips right now. Also I will say that AMDs quad core just flat sucks right now..Intel is just stomping them in that regard...

edit: Also note that the SLI doesn't help that much in the default 3DMark test people run....with no AA and a mid-range resolution the SLI doesn't help that much...when I actually game though it makes a huge difference. I can literally max all my games except Crysis at 1680x1050. For Crysis I can run at 1680x1050 but no AA very smooth on very high.

To Each Man, Responsibility

oh SLI set-up eh. makes sense
Yes, the X2s are quite nicely priced for the performance they offer. I almost feel sorry for AMD forced to sell their once-flagship $1200 chips for around $150 now. But we consumers win in the end.

I like how mid range Video cards are getting really nice performance and prisewise, now I'd like to see a big jump like when the 8800s first came out.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

around 3.5k, which is what I expect for an 4600+ and a 8400GS.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Also, you really need to tell us what settings you used when doing the benchmark. You can easily mess with scores by changing settings in the app and in your video card display settings. So most benchmarks are pretty lame.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.