By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 3D mark 06 scores

DarkNight_DS said:
Also, you really need to tell us what settings you used when doing the benchmark. You can easily mess with scores by changing settings in the app and in your video card display settings. So most benchmarks are pretty lame.

My original run above was default settings. You can't use non-default settings with demo I don't think.  Not sure since I'm using a full version I got with my mobo.

I'm kinda curious how much of a drop non-SLI setups would get from running it at 1680x1050 8xx if anyone has a full version they can try it on.   

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
ihira said:
oh SLI set-up eh. makes sense
Yes, the X2s are quite nicely priced for the performance they offer. I almost feel sorry for AMD forced to sell their once-flagship $1200 chips for around $150 now. But we consumers win in the end.

I like how mid range Video cards are getting really nice performance and prisewise, now I'd like to see a big jump like when the 8800s first came out.

Yeah the SLI addition for my rig was rather recent, kinda worked out weird, there was a thread about it actually.  

Anyways, as for AMD I'm not too worried about them as the flagship will always eventually become the mid-range in the technology world but as for their failure to produce something high end again I have to say its their own fault, I've heard the merger with ATI didn't go as smoothly as it could have in terms of planning, resource allocation, etc.... and the results have been showing on both fronts.  Recently with the GPU front looking to have started its recovery in earnest I am hoping the CPU side will follow and bring things back into good competition for both.  

I completely agree that the price/performance ratio is in a pretty good place right now for the mid-range and I think we might actually get that big jump on the high end within the next year.  I have a hard time believing that nVidia has been sitting back and not using the extra time the merger afforded them. So I expect they have an ace up their sleeve so to speak...but we shall see.

To Each Man, Responsibility