By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many languages do you speak? And why?...

English - Because I'm English.
German - not very well, but I'm probably at the level where I could hold a conversation.

My dad used to work in japan, so I speak that but only to the extent of buying something at a shop or buy a meal at a resturant seeing as I only ever went during half term and holidays.

Wheres mistershine, I want to know if he speaks cornish or not

Around the Network

English - I'm from America.
Spanish - I took 2 years of it in high school, still not very good though.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Je prendre quatre annee au francais au lycee. Mais il y a vaught cinq annee encore. Parce que ca, je parle un tres petit peu francais maintenant (aujoud'hui).

Now in English -- the only language I speak today (since I am an American):
I took four years of French in high school. But it was 25 years ago. Beacuse of that, I speak very little French now (today).

(In college, I could still read French quite well ... well enough that I used French sources for some of my papers in International Relations. But now I would muddle through basic text).

Mike from Morgantown

Someone who speaks three languages is trilingual. Someone who speaks two languagues in bilingual. Someone who speaks one language is an American 8*>.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Mexicanish :P

Spanish: Mexico Mother Languaje
English: USA, Almost all API, Docs, from any programing languaje come in English first... same goes for forums...

Edit: Somehow I can read and understand 70% of French and Portuguese, so I guess I will learn one of those next :P

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Norwegian, mother tongue. Danish and Swedish, basically because they're very similar to my mother tongue.
English, its my second language and by far the most loved outside of my native tongue.
I understand German pretty well too, allthough I'm not a good speaker or writer.

So I guess I'd say three in total, a little German, English and native language. Counting Danish and Swedish is like an Englishman counting Scottish and Irish.

Around the Network

Spanish- my mother tongue
English- I learn English reading comic books and playing RPGs..

Know a little of japanese, by watching Anime, but just a little.

I am going to learn Mandarin, since the company were I work was bought by Chinese.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I know 3 languages.

Bengali: Mother tongue

French: I used to live in montreal so I had to go to a french school, though I don't mind. I like the language.

English: I moved to Toronto and barely anyone I knew spoke french so I had to learn english.

I'm from Canada so I think its important to learn both offical languages.

Kurdish & Arabic: Iraq is where I'm from
Turkish & Persian: Turkey and Iran are neighboring countries to Iraq
English: Learned it from school
Dutch: The Netherlands is where I've been living now for almost 8 years
German & Greek: I've lived in both countries for a while
Italian, Spanish & French: Are next on my list of 'languages to learn'

^ You have a talent for languages ^^''?

English - Because I'm in Canada, and it's the larger of the official languages

Hindi - Supposed to be my mother tongue, as my parents hail from fiji, and that's what they spoke there, but I prefer to/am better at speaking English

French - Took this in school form grade 5 - 11. I know enough to possibly hold a conversation with someone French, but for them, I'd probably sound like a kid, as far as my sentence structure and grammar would go.