By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - On what should Nintendo throw their money at

On what should Nintendo throw they money at ?

Expanding their own development studios 30 17.75%

Adding more 2nd party stu... 63 37.28%

More collaboration projec... 12 7.10%

Moneyhatting 3rd parties ... 9 5.33%

Better marketing 30 17.75%

Price cut 8 4.73%

Shift more focus to hanhe... 2 1.18%

Invest in next gen consol... 10 5.92%

Other 5 2.96%

Total:169

Making new ips, preferably action games rpgs or open world games. And getting third party support

2 years ago I would say to make a competitive next gen console specs wise

Around the Network
FrancisNobleman said:
1 and 2 are almost the same.

I beg to disagree. I thing It is rather different beefing up existing studios with new people and implementing them in the existing worflow and mindset, opposed to acquiring new studios with different portfolios, style and mindset.

They should focus all their efforts on become entirely self-sufficient, as it's blatanty clear 3rd parties won't ever support Nintendo in any meaningful way, at all, ever. So, expanding their development capabilities as much as they can, thus ensuring a steady stream of quality software, non-stop.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Price cut aligned with Mario Kart 8/3D Land launch. That's what they need to do.

Cheebee said:
They should focus all their efforts on become entirely self-sufficient, as it's blatanty clear 3rd parties won't ever support Nintendo in any meaningful way, at all, ever. So, expanding their development capabilities as much as they can, thus ensuring a steady stream of quality software, non-stop.

While that seems to be the only way they could get ensure a steady sream of games to the console, wouldn't that make em too large and more less able to adapt to changes on the market?

Around the Network

money hatting is bad since you lose the next time when the money hatted wants to make a new game as they grow (what is the word for it? they keep on wanting more)

better to spend all that money on new studios or buy other studios that will remain there and keep on making them new games

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

They should throw their money at Kevin Butler.

Moneyhatting for Nintendo just doesn't work. Collaborations don't work. We're seeing it just now as i'm typing this.

They collaborate with NamcoBandai on SSBU. A huge project. One would think it improves relationships and NamcoBandai will bring their franchises to WiiU? NO! Where is Dark Souls 2? Where is Soul Calibur? Where is Ridge Racer? Where is the next Tales game? Where is the next Gundam? Not on WiiU, thats for sure.

They moneyhat Capcom for MH main series exclusivity. You'd think that constitute an improved relationship? NO! Where is Ultra SF4? The new Strider game? With all their other franchises the message is the same from Capcom: "We have no plans to bring this and that to WiiU".

They moneyhat SE for Dragon Quest main series exclusivity. You'd think that constitute to SE bringing their other franchises? NO! Where is Final Fantasy 15? Kingdom Hearts 3? Tomb Raider? They give us effin' mmo Dragon Quest. I dont give a flying F for mmo dragon quest while i'd kill for a traditional DQ ala DQ 7 and 8.

The same goes for Sega, Konami, and TecmoKoei. In Sega's case they have Sonic exclusivity. Does that bring Virtua Fighter, Yakusa, Phantasy Star Online 2 or any other franchise to WiiU? No.

These companies just cant be depended on AT ALL.

Therefore, number one and two alongside improved marketing would be the way to go.

Shouldn't they do a new Star Fox?

Seems like many people are asking for that one.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

joora said:
Cheebee said:

While that seems to be the only way they could get ensure a steady sream of games to the console, wouldn't that make em too large and more less able to adapt to changes on the market?

I don't know about that. But I think not expanding would be worse, especially with games nowadays taking more and more effort and budget to come together.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046