By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So my 40gb PS3 came today ...

And I checked it out - removed the Spidey Blu and noticed something on the box. The PS2-games-no-play-on-this-system disclaimer. Here's the picture comparisons ...

and ... notice the red ... now, blow up the box under it to reveal ... 

I can't but wonder if ... with the disclaimer being that small if several folks this Christmas missed this.

I am not trying to flame, but I do think a big sticker would have been a great PR move for Sony - but doing it this way save their butts, but pisses folks off who thought the PS3 played PS2 games. If I didn't know about  you, but I don't sit at stores and just read the fine print - unless it's a huge purchase.

Around the Network

congratulations on getting your ps3. i dont think the label really matters to much to be honest

I read the fine print when I buy anything over $100 :P

Besides not all of that is English, so that fine print is actually like an eighth of the printed text :P

[edit] And right next to Red text also xD, Hurry up and get warhawks LOL 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I think the Lable matters much! If I had gone out and bought my Wii, then found out it didn't play Gamecube games, I would've been pissed! If I was promised games from 3 different systems on my PS3, I'd sure as hell want to know if I was getting them!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
DSLover said:
congratulations on getting your ps3. i dont think the label really matters to much to be honest

Most previous playstation users have every reason to expect that the PS3 will have backward compatibility.  After all, Sony announced the backward compatibility was a cornerstone of their playstation business when they were talking specifically about the PS3.

Even among video game enthusiasts a lot of people still don't know the 40GB model doesn't support any backward compatibility at all.  It would be nice if Sony put a notice on the front, larger, so that everyone would be aware of this fact before buying.

Around the Network

400$ is a lot of money to waste. You would think people would be smart enough to read when spending that type of money.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

^^ youd think that; but i witnessed a father buying his son spiderman 3 and transformers the game for his ps3. Basically shitting his money away.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

TheBigFatJ said:

Most previous playstation users have every reason to expect that the PS3 will have backward compatibility.  After all, Sony announced the backward compatibility was a cornerstone of their playstation business when they were talking specifically about the PS3.

Even among video game enthusiasts a lot of people still don't know the 40GB model doesn't support any backward compatibility at all.  It would be nice if Sony put a notice on the front, larger, so that everyone would be aware of this fact before buying.

it still plays ps1 games.

PS2's are below 100$ if you know where to look. And since this PS3 version is 100$ cheaper people shouldn't complain! Although i get where your comming from if you didn't know and the label is like .(<That) small...

THE NETHERLANDS

I would expect a good shop to warn their customers about this before they purchase the console, but of course, that is not always the case.
on the amazon uk page, there is the manufactures description of the item, basically, the little of bit of information that you get with it, which tells you what it lacks including of course the backwards compatibility; that it how it should be done