By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thinking Of Swapping My PS4 Pre-Order For An XBox One

SnakeEyez said:
MCPOxxxAAG said:
sniper979797 said:
bad choice.

PlayStation is about the long-haul, you are not just investing in it for its first few years, but its entire life-cycle which will be filled with impressive games.

plus, we get inFAMOUS which looks like the only true next-gen game i've saw (those particle effects...)

particle effects = next gen?

(facepalm)

He never said particle effects = next gen, he just really like the way it looks in inFamous second son (it is pretty impressive).

OT: You're asking us to validate your decision,  why? It's not like any of us can change your mind, we all have different tastes. If you like Dead Rising then that should be enough to buy an X1 at launch, same goes with Forza.

So what? killer instinct has awesome particle effects. I'm not going to drop 500 dollars using particle effects as my justification... or even graphics for that matter.

Around the Network

If you feel that way, then switch. Otherwise, I'd put faith in Sony just as I did when I bought the PS3 back in 2009 against the 360. Haven't been disappointed yet.

After Gamescom I did not like what MS was offering so I jumped ship back to the PS4 because it looked like I would more fun with the PS4 at near-launch and into the future. If you feel like you'd enjoy the X1 more then go for it.

Tigerlure said:
If you feel that way, then switch. Otherwise, I'd put faith in Sony just as I did when I bought the PS3 back in 2009 against the 360. Haven't been disappointed yet.

Neither have i with my 360. I've never bought the PS3. I'm not dissapointed with my decision like at all. 

TheSting said:
Tigerlure said:

Neither have i with my 360. I've never bought the PS3. I'm not dissapointed with my decision like at all. 

Fair enough. To each their own

Around the Network

Sony's Launch Line up looks Amazing, I'd take that over MS, plus the only two games that are interesting will be on PC and on of them will make it over to the ps4.

I wouldn't pick XB1 solely for the launch lineup. It's a long-term decision. Ultimately XB1 and PS4 will have some great exclusive games over their lifetime. Dead Rising is a timed exclusive so PS4 will get it sometime 2014. Ryse seems like a one-time play through kind of game (the graphics look amazing though). So really it gets down to Killer Instinct and Project Spark. Killer Instinct was cool 20 years ago, how well it will transition to next gen remains unknown until you get the controller in your hands. Project Spark holds a lot of potential, if you're into that creation-style gameplay. Lots of other games have attempted that and only Sony titles Little Big Planet and Mod Nation Racers come to mind as having been successful at it. Remember "RPG Maker" or "Create"... neither did I until I googled them. So unless you're a die hard Killer Instinct fan, or you really want the next Halo, I would stick with the PS4. It's a good console at a fair price with lots of great games arriving day 1 like COD, BF4, KZ, WatchDogs, Assassins Creed, a slew of sports games, and some quirky indie titles to spice it up. Dead Rising 3 will come in 2014 after you've played through this years titles and perhaps Infamous Second Son early next year.

You made the right decision preordering the PS4. Now you're naturally having second thoughts, that's normal. $400 is a chunk of change to set down. It's worth reconsidering. Just don't jump ship because of the launch lineup.

Best of luck to you with your decision, and please don't get swayed by Sony or MS fanboys. Both consoles will get great games and at the end of the day that should make your decision a lot easier to rest with.

You should, xbox one will keep getting games years after years.

More power to you, man. I don't pre-order consoles. There is still a lot I don't know about the PS4 and xbox one and I don't like jumping the gun with such an investment.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Lol at ppl saying DR3 is coming to ps4. Already stated by capcom that its exclusive to the xbox one. Keep thinking it will come to ps4 if it makes you guys happy.