By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are we finally seeing the end of Wii supply constraints in the UK?

Just checked Game and Gamestation online, they only sell bundles, not the console at rrp.

Around the Network

Just checked Comet and Gameplay, no Wii's for sale at rrp, only bundles.

I know. That doesn't mean they aren't in stock!

Plus their bundles are good. They're below RRP and include good games like Mario Strikers Charged and Super Paper Mario. Gamestation even let you pick your own games.

ioi said:
Please keep these threads coming, all of this kind of anecdotal information is useful when we come to put our data together each week, especially when there are enormous discrepancies between different stores - some selling out and some with plenty of stock.

Thanks

ioi

I agree with the fact that "my carrefour online" is the only online retailer to have wii in stock (a big stock, and if you have seen, they had two big restocking since friday). No wii online at micromania, fnac, game, amazon.fr, alapage.com and auchan, even if, we already see wii online at fnac, auchan and amazon.fr in january.

But, for real store, i can confirm to you that the two micromania, and the two carrefour, i go yesterday had wii in stock (11 at one of the carrefour), and the week of 4 february, i see wii in cora, leclerc, but not in carrefour at this time. For me, since the last friday, they are more wii in stock in France.

And the sales at carrefour online, even if they are not as in USA or uk, are very strong in comparison of what happens to the ps3 and the 360 at this place.

I will continue to give the stock at carrefour online, even if it's hope to have missing the moment this morning, when they have restocked.

This week end, i will go to more different store, and i will say, what i will see.

Perhaps they're fixed the issues in some places but not nationwide.

Every shop around here, you still have to register your interest and wait in a queue before you can get one.

Around the Network
YoppaDo said:
Perhaps they're fixed the issues in some places but not nationwide.

Every shop around here, you still have to register your interest and wait in a queue before you can get one.

It can explain, what i never see the wii in stock at amazon.fr since 23 january. We can order the wii, even if she's not in stock. And, if amazon.fr has more order that his supply, he can't have the wii in stock.

At this moment, the wii is in stock at amazon.de:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000UVI1G4/ref=s9_asin_image_1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1P6XK5QQ7HFQXRMD590B&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=162597691&pf_rd_i=301128

In carrefour online, we can't order the wii, if she's not in stock, so it could explain why we see easily the wii in stock at this online retailer.

in my micromania shop, there are wii in stock, there are other in-store gallery in the same commercial center, they are selling much less quickly than usual ... Strange ... But the situation seems to be stabilizing in france. Although demand appears to be calm, it is not difficult to see that the wii sells lot more than these competitors ... I am concerned about the 360 which she seems to fall into the abisses in france ....

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=Wii&reg2=Japan&cons3=Wii&reg3=Total+Other&start=39089&end=39488

Last year around this time, America and Japan were getting the most Wii shipped to them, and Other only about half of what was sold/shipped in America.  (Treating sold the same as shipped, because for the most part, it is.)

This year, Others sales are 2 to 3x as much as last year, versus America/Japan are even to down a bit.  The only explaination I can think of, is that Nintendo figures it has won in Japan over  Sony and MS.  In America, that MS and Sony will split their market between the two, allowing Nintendo go ahead there as well.

But in Europe/Other, it looked for a while like Sony was gaining too much momentum.  So, Nintendo gave a higher shipping priority to that location.  And it seems to be working, looking at the last few weeks sales numbers.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

parisgaming said:
in my micromania shop, there are wii in stock, there are other in-store gallery in the same commercial center, they are selling much less quickly than usual ... Strange ... But the situation seems to be stabilizing in france. Although demand appears to be calm, it is not difficult to see that the wii sells lot more than these competitors ... I am concerned about the 360 which she seems to fall into the abisses in france ....

Ok, but why is it at this time always impossible to find a wii at micromania online?

Because, i agree, i see the wii in two micromania yesterday.

And about the 360, they are bad sells, or no sells?

Other question, in your advice, actually in one week, how many wii, ps3 and 360 is your micromania selling?

For online sales I do not know how they were made .... I have got 27 wii in stock today!! good news
Per week:
PS3 about: 10-15
Wii when there are: 20-25
360 about :1-2! Sometimes not at all
Of course, numbers vary by weeks / months
The 360 sells for little in france in general and poor sales at my store...

pour répondre à ta question lombard je pense que la 360 est sur une mauvaise pente en france!!