By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton: “The Battle for Next Generation’s Hearts and Minds is Being Waged in the West Right Now”

Sony dominated the US for more than a decade and they're setting their sights on that again which is the right idea. You win the biggest market, and work your way back from there.

Around the Network

But does Sony really have enough cash to outspend Microsoft in the marketing department?

Dont forget about Japan! I need a strong Japanese presence on my console of choice, if you can't provide me with this then I may have to pack my bags and move on :(

Incubi said:
But does Sony really have enough cash to outspend Microsoft in the marketing department?

dont worry about them, they will sell a building or two to fund the marketing

bananaking21 said:
Incubi said:

dont worry about them, they will sell a building or two to fund the marketing

Post of the thread right here, hehe!

Another question: Now we know neither PS4 or XBone will release in Japan this year. Does that mean we'll see Media Create charts during december being completely dominated by Nintendo?

Around the Network

Nintendo have been fighting very, very hard to lose my heart and mind, but so far they haven't succeeded.

So wait is Europe a country? i mean if Japan is irrelevant according some of the guys on VGChartz where does that leave most countries in the world. Japan is one of the biggest markets for home consoles still, bigger than most of PS4's launch countries

ktay95 said:
So wait is Europe a country? i mean if Japan is irrelevant according some of the guys on VGChartz where does that leave most countries in the world. Japan is one of the biggest markets for home consoles still, bigger than most of PS4's launch countries

It's not a country but it's a single market so it's not that hard to launch EU-wide anyway.

Plus there's more competition and more to gain in Europe.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
ktay95 said:

It's not a country but a single market so it's not that hard to launch EU-wide anyway.

Plus there's more competition and more to gain in Europe.

try telling MSFT that

I think the gamers will win this war! Each console fighting very hard to do amazing things and offer great things to gamers to win their support. Gamers will not lose really regardless if they only choose one console!

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date