By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek announces new Cryenigine

Munkeh111 said:
Well the Cry Engine 3 looks good enough....

But this is probably better....

I just hope that Star Citizen moves to this to make it look even better

This is Cryengine 3 but as they are constantly updating it so they decided to drop the version number.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Cobretti2 said:
JWeinCom said:
Crytek's PR department thinks the Wii U is next gen. That's nice I guess.

Their main publisher doesnt though.

Their main publisher has an unprecedented partnership with Nintendo ^_^

But seriously, what really matters is that the Wii U can apparently run the engine without issue.  So, if the engine becomes popular among third party developers, that's good for Wii U.

WIthout issues you mean the full effects we saw in that demo? Or scaled down? Would be nice if the full effects that demo was pretty good. It looks more natural then their old engine too. 

Cobretti2 said:
JWeinCom said:
Cobretti2 said:
JWeinCom said:
Crytek's PR department thinks the Wii U is next gen. That's nice I guess.

Their main publisher doesnt though.

Their main publisher has an unprecedented partnership with Nintendo ^_^

But seriously, what really matters is that the Wii U can apparently run the engine without issue.  So, if the engine becomes popular among third party developers, that's good for Wii U.

WIthout issues you mean the full effects we saw in that demo? Or scaled down? Would be nice if the full effects that demo was pretty good. It looks more natural then their old engine too. 

Scaled down most likely.  Honestly, doesn't matter much to me, and probably won't matter to the average consumer who thinks COD is the pinnacle of graphics.

Cryengine 4: Now on your WiiU (if EA lets us...)

zarx said:
Munkeh111 said:
Well the Cry Engine 3 looks good enough....

But this is probably better....

I just hope that Star Citizen moves to this to make it look even better

This is Cryengine 3 but as they are constantly updating it so they decided to drop the version number.

That makes more sense

I always thought that as engines are being constantly updated when used by the developers, the new numbers were mostly meaningless PR things.