By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Shahid Ahmad: “We Didn’t Announce Everything”, “Working Non-Stop on #JRPGVita”, “It’s Just the Beginning”

Tagged games:

outlawauron said:
SnakeDrake said:
Tales of Hearts and Tales of Innocence were the most requested. I forgot what came third I think it was either Type-0 or Phantasy Star online 2. Dont know why Sega is taking so long with this one since they easily brought us Samurai and Dragons.

They brought us Samurai and Dragons?!

Yes, it was published by Sega

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Browser Based MMO that only works on Sony Tablets.

SnakeDrake said:
outlawauron said:
SnakeDrake said:
Tales of Hearts and Tales of Innocence were the most requested. I forgot what came third I think it was either Type-0 or Phantasy Star online 2. Dont know why Sega is taking so long with this one since they easily brought us Samurai and Dragons.

They brought us Samurai and Dragons?!

Yes, it was published by Sega

Had no idea it was out. Off to download.

Edit: yeah, pretty sure this isn't out yet....

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

pezus said:
Xxain said:
pokoko said:
I feel kind of bad for people who have to see "AAA" before they can enjoy a game. That's kind of sad.

I'm also not sure why people say Sony isn't supporting the Vita when they have three major games in development. What do they have to do, drop the PS4? The ones not supporting the Vita are western publishers in general.

As for the Vita RPG, I'm guessing Project Phoenix, which would be fantastic. Really hope it happens.

No.You dont feel bad and no, its sad in this case. No one cares about Indie games. Indie games are like one of those buy 5 get something stupid free deals at the store. You didnt get come for the free item. You take it because its consolation prize stacked on top of what you do want and we want are Vita games, no more ports, no more its already on a console game, no more indie.Vita made games

This view saddens me so much. Did Minecraft teach you nothing?

Its fine you enjoy minecraft but Indie games will never be looked at as a reason why somebody should be interested in a $400 plus console. To All Vita owners - If you had known that Vita was going to end up as some Indie platform, Would you have bough it? (hypothetical)

Xxain said:
pezus said:

Its fine you enjoy minecraft but Indie games will never be looked at as a reason why somebody should be interested in a $400 plus console. To All Vita owners - If you had known that Vita was going to end up as some Indie platform, Would you have bough it? (hypothetical)

Just because there are a lot of indie games doesn't mean there aren't a lot of other options. Having a balance is important (there's also a expotentially more indies than big studios), but you can't really expect a perfect split as more and more developers are splintering off into smaller teams to create what they want.

Does Project Pheonix upset you?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

My hopes are:

Phantasy star online 2 (november)
Final Fantasy Type 0 (Q1 2014)
Kingdom Hearts Remix HD remix 1+2 for Vita. (2014)

think-man said:
Not a port? then cant be FFtype0 I wanna see Legend of dragoon reboot.

Legend of Dragoon is one of the best RPG I have ever played. But it had miserable sale. Just imagine the sales this game would have gotten if it stayed the same and was called Final Fantasy: The Dragoon legend.

I was waiting patiently for all those promised JRPGs, hyped beyond words when he got called up on stage. 100 indie titles later...not a single JRPG in site. I was quite disappointed, but thought to myself that maybe they are saving the JRPGs for TGS since that seems like a relevant platform. Hopefully with this new reminder, we will get to know those lovely JRPGs coming our way. Don't disappoint.

Xxain said:
pezus said:
Xxain said:
pokoko said:
I feel kind of bad for people who have to see "AAA" before they can enjoy a game. That's kind of sad.

I'm also not sure why people say Sony isn't supporting the Vita when they have three major games in development. What do they have to do, drop the PS4? The ones not supporting the Vita are western publishers in general.

As for the Vita RPG, I'm guessing Project Phoenix, which would be fantastic. Really hope it happens.

No.You dont feel bad and no, its sad in this case. No one cares about Indie games. Indie games are like one of those buy 5 get something stupid free deals at the store. You didnt get come for the free item. You take it because its consolation prize stacked on top of what you do want and we want are Vita games, no more ports, no more its already on a console game, no more indie.Vita made games

If I knew Vita was going to be getting great games, yes I would have bought it. Their is no distinction between a great game made by a huge team and a great game made by a small team. Most of these indie games look great.

Take puppeteer or rain. Those could easily be indie games (rain kinda is) but no one thinks down upon them just for being small.

Take Journey. It's universally praised and much better than most of the big 100 person team games. I'd much rather Journey than another FPS.

Xxain said:
Fucking sick of indie titles. Real games from real developers. He said it wont be a port I wonder does that cross Type 0 off the list?

You're confusing the title shahid teased as beeing a AAA title with the JRPG initiative. Different things.