By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fifa 14 coming with xbox one pre-order, will this win over Europe?

007BondAgent said:
TheSting said:
007BondAgent said:
No, because it's cheaper to get a ps4 and fifa 14, then it is to get an xbox one with fifa 14

Gracious you guys are acting like it's the same experience on both consoles. It's two entirely different platforms. It's not the same as getting one over the other. You all know this and it's silly that it keeps getting repeated.

Was the PS3 $600 when it was rreleased there? Anyone?

You guys? please elaborate?

Nope but you see the slant

Around the Network
kurasakiichimaru said:

Sony has today announced it has been selected as the general contractor responsible for the delivery of all outside broadcast HD at both the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup and 2014 FIFA World Cup™, to be hosted in Brazil.

http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/press/pr-ibc-hbs-sports

Interesting.  I'm curious what is involved in that, because I didn't think Sony had any real broadcasting capability. 

I know they make commercial cameras but didn't realize their capabilities outside of that.

I think this deal is somewhat flawed as not everyone who going to buy X1 necessary wants FIFA 14. Why couldn't they just extend the deal with EA so they are given a choice of EA titles to choose from. Just having the choice between Fifa 14 and Battlefield 4 would give themselves a large potential buying base to attract.

endimion said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
Adinnieken said:
Sony's FIFA sponsorship ends on January 1, 2014 (1 January 2014).

You can bet Microsoft is willing to throw as much money as it possibly would take to capture FIFA, and you can bet Sony likewise will do almost everything it can to secure that sponsorship as well.

That said. It's possible that this is a precursor to what might be coming. Not to get the cart before the horse, but the inclusion of FIFA 14 may be a sign that Microsoft has already secured sponsorship with FIFA.

Lol if anything Sony should be worried with Apple and Samsung not with Microsoft getting FIFA sponsorship. I believe the Sony-FIFA partnership also extends to FIFA World Cup 2014 and that's with Sony being the official international HD broadcaster for the same league.

Edit:

FIFA Partnership

Contract period: January 1, 2007–December 31, 2014

Te r r itory: Worldwide

Category: Digital Life

weren't you guys talking about the champions league???? you do realize FIFA has nothing to do with the european leagues.... it is either  handled by the UEFA or the respective national leagues of each countries.... FIFA sponsorship is relevant to worlwide events such as the world cup, or club world cup.... stuff like that and that's it.... if Sony has a partnership with the FIFA only it gives them little weight on EU football scene

1) Pretty sure our discussion was about FIFA.

2) Yes.

3) Yep.

4) FIFA is the big game.  (For the pedantant, games.)  Hundreds of millions of people around the world watch them, even in the US.  And the video games associated with football/soccer on consoles and PCs are for FIFA.  I'm not sure there are any regional football association video games, are there?

Microsoft might do team sponsorships, where possible, but football association sponsorships are a little tougher since they cost more and are harder to secure.  There are probably more teams that need money in football than there are football associations, so it's far easier to purchase sponsorship on a team level.

ChrolloLucilfer said:

I think this deal is somewhat flawed as not everyone who going to buy X1 necessary wants FIFA 14. Why couldn't they just extend the deal with EA so they are given a choice of EA titles to choose from. Just having the choice between Fifa 14 and Battlefield 4 would give themselves a large potential buying base to attract.

Send them a message. Thats a good idea. It's still EA.

Around the Network

Meh I see it helping a little bit, but nothing too significant. 

endimion said:
PS4+fifa+eyetoy/move is still cheaper than XBone+kinect+fifa ?????

I haven't checks eyetoy/move prices.... but I would expect it to be more than 40 bucks if it wants to pretend to be remotely close to even a Kinect 1 in terms of capability and API

If we go by the US price then its not cheaper

PS4 399 + eyetoy 59 + Fifa 60.  Thats 520 right there.  The price probably will fall somewhere around that price in EU.

kurasakiichimaru said:
endimion said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
endimion said:
kurasakiichimaru said:
Adinnieken said:
Sony's FIFA sponsorship ends on January 1, 2014 (1 January 2014).

You can bet Microsoft is willing to throw as much money as it possibly would take to capture FIFA, and you can bet Sony likewise will do almost everything it can to secure that sponsorship as well.

That said. It's possible that this is a precursor to what might be coming. Not to get the cart before the horse, but the inclusion of FIFA 14 may be a sign that Microsoft has already secured sponsorship with FIFA.

Lol if anything Sony should be worried with Apple and Samsung not with Microsoft getting FIFA sponsorship. I believe the Sony-FIFA partnership also extends to FIFA World Cup 2014 and that's with Sony being the official international HD broadcaster for the same league.

Edit:

FIFA Partnership

Contract period: January 1, 2007–December 31, 2014

Te r r itory: Worldwide

Category: Digital Life

weren't you guys talking about the champions league???? you do realize FIFA has nothing to do with the european leagues.... it is either  handled by the UEFA or the respective national leagues of each countries.... FIFA sponsorship is relevant to worlwide events such as the world cup, or club world cup.... stuff like that and that's it.... if Sony has a partnership with the FIFA only it gives them little weight on EU football scene

What is a FIFA Partnership?
Sony has signed a global partnership program contract with FIFA making it a “FIFA Partner,”
the highest level of FIFA sponsorship, for eight years, until 2014. Sony is the first FIFA
Partner ever in the new “Digital Life” category, established exclusively for Sony, which covers
a wide range of business activities, from electronics to entertainment, encompassing
electronics, games, mobile phones, music and movies, among others. During the period of
the Zcontract, Sony will be able to engage in a variety of promotional activities for its
electronics, entertainment, game and other businesses at the world’s greatest soccer event,
the FIFA World Cup™, in 2010 (South Africa) and in 2014 (location to be decided), as well
as at more than 50 other FIFA tournaments.

yeah what I said.... which still doesn't encompass anything related to the UEFA.... so no champions league... the 50 other tournaments are all the things like U18, U21 etc... friendlies, women football etc... and different international cups and all.... euro cup, CL, sponsorships are all handled directly by the UEFA not by the FIFA..... now I'm not saying they haven't worked out a deal with UEFA too.... but if it's only with the FIFa it doesn't have the european major tournament included...

Lol more bad luck for Microsoft then because Sony is still an official partner of UEFA until 2015.

UEFA has extended its sponsorship agreement with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and its PlayStation brand for the UEFA Champions League, seasons 2012 to 2015, and for the UEFA Super Cup in 2012, 2013 and 2014.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/events/marketing/news/newsid=743029.html

i did say they might have a deal with the uefa.... but i was just stating that a FIFA deal didn't include most of the european specific tourney.... but clearly PS has things locked up :p they just don't have the game extras.... now since you seem to be good at finding sponsorship/licencing deals.... do you have any idea until when the EA deal runs with FIFA????

DJEVOLVE said:
ChrolloLucilfer said:

Send them a message. Thats a good idea. It's still EA.

They wouldn't listen anyway. As If they actual listened to the online community they would have already brought the the price of X1 more in-line with PS4. I think it would also better to showcase one of their own published titles instead of increasing the sales of competitors rival software. While including something like Ryse wouldn’t have the same impact as Fifa would, it could give Ryse a lot more exposer. So increasing the potential sales of future Ryse sequels a lot.

It will have some affect, you'd have to be an idiot to say otherwise. For xbox one to turn it around and win Europe for the gen? They'd have to do this every Fifa release and who else knows. We'll have to wait and see. It will be an interesting gen to say the least.