By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCE Japan/Asia press conference to be held on 9/9

areason said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

FF15 is not next gen. I will be buying that on my PS3.

No you won't, it is out for next gen consoles only. 

I know this now.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
Another indie show?

For f&/cks sake. I can't watch another Indie Conference. Let's just have faith that they will show AAA games.

PS4 for Japan/Asia in mid December... I BELIEVE!

lehamsy said:
Fusioncode said:
Another indie show?

For f&/cks sake. I can't see another Indie Conference. Let's just have faith that they will show AAA games or the same games already announced.    

I doubt it will be another Indie show. For one, the Japanese market doesn't have nearly as many Indie developers as the West does. As far as I know, that is. The other thing to consider is that the Asian conferences seem to be more geared towards announcing big titles than Gamescom. Gamescom has been the event where Sony is more likely to announce price drops, services, smaller games, and show us more of what we've already seen. They have never really made bomb dropping game announcements for their consoles at that event from what I've seen. I also think that Sony is very aware that people had an expectation of big game announcements at Gamescom and considering that Sony is very much loved by the Japanese market, I think it's safe to say that we'll get at least a couple nice reveals. If not at SCEJ then certainly at TGS. In fact, I would seriously temper expectations of the SCEJ conference just to be safe. Personally, I'm hoping that by the end of September we'll get confirmation that Demon's Souls 2 is coming, that The Last Guardian is now a PS4 title, and an actual reveal of Capcom's Deep Down project and whether or not it's any kind of exclusive to PS4. Timed or otherwise.

Raven722 said:
lehamsy said:
Fusioncode said:
Another indie show?

For f&/cks sake. I can't see another Indie Conference. Let's just have faith that they will show AAA games or the same games already announced.    

I doubt it will be another Indie show. For one, the Japanese market doesn't have nearly as many Indie developers as the West does. As far as I know, that is. The other thing to consider is that the Asian conferences seem to be more geared towards announcing big titles than Gamescom. Gamescom has been the event where Sony is more likely to announce price drops, services, smaller games, and show us more of what we've already seen. They have never really made bomb dropping game announcements for their consoles at that event from what I've seen. I also think that Sony is very aware that people had an expectation of big game announcements at Gamescom and considering that Sony is very much loved by the Japanese market, I think it's safe to say that we'll get at least a couple nice reveals. If not at SCEJ then certainly at TGS. In fact, I would seriously temper expectations of the SCEJ conference just to be safe. Personally, I'm hoping that by the end of September we'll get confirmation that Demon's Souls 2 is coming, that The Last Guardian is now a PS4 title, and an actual reveal of Capcom's Deep Down project and whether or not it's any kind of exclusive to PS4. Timed or otherwise.

Yeah, You've got a point. That's why I'm hoping they'll show AAA games in the SCEJ conference or in the TGS. 

I think that The Last Guardian is already a PS4 title, another game I'd like to see is White Knight Chronicles 3.