By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My profile just got bumped to the 5th page of results!

I also thought you were a girl words of wisdom.

Around the Network

well congrats,im probably not even on the first ten pages

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Perhaps the tracking system should not track a view to your own profile while you are logged into your account. That way when you're checking to see what any changes look like in your profile, you would not generate any false hits. I know many of my profile views are my own to make sure my games had registered, or to see if I had received any feedback (I didn't).

^yeah they should do that,then people wont be doing auto refresh and wont make the site slowdown

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
Hehe I think I'm the only person on the site who isn't either tricking people, refreshing pages, or getting hits because of my perceived gender. Of course that's also why my profile views aren't that high hehe.

Do you think that people think that I am a girl?

Wait, even you once implied that I am a girl in one of your posts, I think it was in the SSBB thread. Of course you said it was a typo...

And then there's this disturbing PM I got on New Year's Eve from a user who hasn't posted a single time...

Not to mention TheSource's comment in my profile from two weeks ago...

Heiliger Bimbam!!!

The one in the SSBB thread was a typo, but I also thought you were a girl for my first couple weeks on the site.   New users will certainly associate your gender with your avatar.  I'm sure it's been working out great for OkeyDokey too, even without his alleged sex tape link hehe.

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
Perhaps the tracking system should not track a view to your own profile while you are logged into your account. That way when you're checking to see what any changes look like in your profile, you would not generate any false hits. I know many of my profile views are my own to make sure my games had registered, or to see if I had received any feedback (I didn't).

Ah, I know what yo mean, I think a 1/4 of my views are from myself.

@Rol and Okey and WoW

I thought you three where girls for months before I figured otherwise.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Yeah. I think we should probably just remove the profile view count all together. It doesn't really mean anything, all the more so now that we have V$

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Yeah. I think we should probably just remove the profile view count all together. It doesn't really mean anything, all the more so now that we have V$

Agreed. It would save the site a lot of lag.