By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBOAT is a dirty liar!: PS4 late October, One SDK not ready yet (hence delay), Platinum Games making exclusive for One?

ethomaz said:

Machiavellian said:

Yes, it says private press showing which is exactly what I stated.  Are you not understanding the difference.

No. Showcase only... read again... it is a hand-ons with games and devs... no press conference, no PR, no presentation, etc... no livestream because there is no press conference to stream lol.

"As Phil Spencer said last week, we’re hosting an small invite only media event on Tuesday, 20 August where we’ll share some news and give media a chance to experience gaming on Xbox One first hand."

"He also specified that the showcase event on tuesday morning will include a really short presentation on stage, talking about some “Unique exclusive” coming to Xbox One, but most of the time will be dedicated to the press spending time with the developers and with their games. It will basically be “a room with a lot of hands-on”. There will also be a “community showcase” in the evening."

Maybe we are getting confused with what a press only event is because you just explained it.  They get hands on with the device, they get to interview people responsible for the hardware and software.  They get to demo the features released so far and new info MS will reveal.  That is what a press only event usually is.  Why waste the press time with a long winded speach when they can go directly to the source and get all the info they desire.  

Around the Network

Machiavellian said:

Maybe we are getting confused with what a press only event is because you just explained it.  They get hands on with the device, they get to interview people responsible for the hardware and software.  They get to demo the features released so far and new info MS will reveal.  That is what a press only event usually is.  Why waste the press time with a long winded speach when they can go directly to the source and get all the info they desire.

That's what we call "showcase"... press conference is another thing.

Anyway... you said I was wrong when in fact MS planned a press conference of 1.5 hours and changed to a showcase event.

Machiavellian said:
ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

We've known this for days..

No streaming yeah but I think a closed press conference was planned but now just a showcase.

Nope, last twitter from Larry and Phil was about the press only event so that is still happening

ethomaz said:

Machiavellian said:

That's what we call "showcase"... press conference is another thing.

Anyway... you said I was wrong when in fact MS planned a press conference of 1.5 hours and changed to a showcase event.

Machiavellian said:
ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

No streaming yeah but I think a closed press conference was planned but now just a showcase.

Nope, last twitter from Larry and Phil was about the press only event so that is still happening

From what I remember it was always going to be a press only event from quite a while ago.  They never stated it was going to be a conference.

Machiavellian said:
ethomaz said:

Nsanity said:

Your whole misunderstanding with etho stems from this one post.

He says "no press conference, jsut a showcase"

and you say "nope"

Which means you're saying he's wrong, and there IS a press event.

However, the semantics you two are arguing is that ethomaz was saying there is "no press conference" which is a big thing. A conference is a huge gathering. e3 is a press conference.

You agree that tomorrow is not like the e3 presentation right? THen you agree with ethomaz in the first place.

No press conference, jsut a showcase. Your rebuttal was wrong above.

Machiavellian said:

From what I remember it was always going to be a press only event from quite a while ago.  They never stated it was going to be a conference.

Incorrect. There was a conference scheduled, or at least they never clarified it. Every network reported a conference. In fact, just by saying "we are not streaming the press conference", implicitly agrees that they are having a press conference.

Around the Network

is it going to release in October or not?

theprof00 said:
Machiavellian said:

Incorrect. There was a conference scheduled, or at least they never clarified it. Every network reported a conference. In fact, just by saying "we are not streaming the press conference", implicitly agrees that they are having a press conference.

I did not say there was or wasn't a conference stated earlier, I am stating that they changed that plan a long time ago or stated it was only going to be a small press release.  I really do not have time to go searching for links but if you have something to prove it was a conference in the first place be my guess. 

Basically what I am saying is that nothing changed and this is old news.  I have not seen anything to change that.

The Xbone news from Gamescom are coming without buzz or hype... I don't know if the lack of a press conference was a good decision after all.

Machiavellian said:
theprof00 said:
Machiavellian said:

I did not say there was or wasn't a conference stated earlier, I am stating that they changed that plan a long time ago or stated it was only going to be a small press release.  I really do not have time to go searching for links but if you have something to prove it was a conference in the first place be my guess. 

Basically what I am saying is that nothing changed and this is old news.  I have not seen anything to change that.

Oh well, here is the news:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-to-host-press-conference-at-gamescom-2013-report-6411073
And here is where it's described as a showcase:
http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-to-hold-xbox-one-press-conference-at-gamescom-august-20th

So, you're right that the showcase was planned since a while back, but it is important to note that MS never clarified, and up until this past week, everyone thought they were having a full blown press conference.

Also, it was never announced as a press only event.

CBoat was wrong? Wow this is a first in awhile.

It's just that simple.