By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the Best TV for Gaming?

Panasonic plasma. judging by the responses so far, this forum doesn't kow much about tvs.

Around the Network

I have a Samsung and a Sony Bravia and both are great for gaming. GREAT picture quality, even at 720p. I had a Panasonic and I was not impressed. The Samsung and the Bravia go the distance and remind me why I do not need to upgrade from this gen in a hurry.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I'm buying a new TV for my birthday next month. Budget is only $500 to and looking for 1080P at 32 - 40 inches.:

DaRev said:
TheFallen said:
Forget Plasma. Horrible burn in and the cost more to run. These 120Hz and 240Hz can actually induce lag input in your games. Games are either 30Hz or 60 , so these 120Hz Tv can cause the game to drop frames and "lag", unless your using 3D which essentially makes it 60Hz for each eye. . LED or LCD is the way to go, Sony , Panasonic or Samsung.

Wait, so you're sying that it's bd to get 120hz TV for gming? I thought the more Hz the TV has the better it is for gaming.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2379206,00.asp This applies to gaming too. The source is not going to be more than 60 Frames, so 120Hz tv s process the source to make a fake 120Hz image which can cause issues. In the end , you would most likely want to turn off the 120Hz mode and go for a more natural 60. 120Hz is pointless, unless your talking PC monitors and PC gaming as you can change the PC games FPS to suit your needs.

I have a samsung plasma that is just friggin gorgeous. plasma run at 600 hz natively, which means the button reactions are nearly seamless, and it won't impact the image quality or clarity

Around the Network

Plasma and Panasonic is the best.

Plasma. Hands down. Best refresh rate, best contrast ratio, best viewing angles.

COLD_COBRA_ said:
Panasonic plasma. judging by the responses so far, this forum doesn't kow much about tvs.

Panasonic makes the best plasmas, but they are ending production if they haven't already. If not panasonic, go with a Samsung plasma.

TheFallen said:
Forget Plasma. Horrible burn in and the cost more to run. These 120Hz and 240Hz can actually induce lag input in your games. Games are either 30Hz or 60 , so these 120Hz Tv can cause the game to drop frames and "lag", unless your using 3D which essentially makes it 60Hz for each eye. . LED or LCD is the way to go, Sony , Panasonic or Samsung.

What year are you living in? 2002?

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

HesAPooka said:
TheFallen said:

What year are you living in? 2002?

To be fair, Plasma's can *still* get burn in, it's just stupidly difficult these days.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--