By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
the-pi-guy said:
Gamecube said:

prove that

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

PS4 - 3

Xbox One -7

PS4 - 29

PS4 - 69

PS4 - 70

Done and done.... Just kidding this is only 1 retailer, but the fact is PS4 is probably winning, not sure what the margin is, but we've had plenty of people confirm this from other stores.  Gamestop, some stores I'm not familiar with.  

I like your style. Though my problem isn't the one being outsold. It's with ppl making stuff up like 4 to 1. You brought some facts to the discussion and even said it doesn't show the margins. You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar:)

In truth, all he did was do your dirty work for you. You also have no way to certain that this guy is "making stuff up", which is all I'm trying to point out. Plus, as pi-Guy pointed out, more than one retailer is saying the PS4 is ahead. You're bugged by wording, and a potential exaggeration, nothing more.

Incorrect sir, I'm bugged by people using false numbers to represent there feelings.  I knew xb1 is being outsold at amazon. Like said I don't care about it being outsold. Fact of the matter is you still don't understand the point I made. 2 to 1 would be an exaggeration, any higher you might as well 100 to 1:)

Around the Network

Keep in mind Sony will have alot of games, just not at launch. As for the extra $100,  xb1 is something you're going to have for lets say the next 5 years atleast. Don't let $100 on a five years investment stop you from playing the games you want:).

the-pi-guy said:
CGI-Quality said:
the-pi-guy said:

Thanks. :)  I can understand that.  I'm thinking that most likely these 4:1 numbers might just be from some [maybe smaller]retailers.  It might be overall they might be a lot closer or something.  I'm not really sure who the guy is and what his resources are[or what people claim them to be].  

Overall, I'm thinking it'll probably be much closer to 1:1 sales.  Maybe I'm completely wrong, but we'll see when they launch, I guess.  

I'm thinking it's around 2:1, otherwise, being close to 1:1 is hardly worth mentioning. Plus, the PS4 will be available in many more places Day 1, which then leads me to think more places took pre-orders for it.

"PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)"

I'm talking about North America.  

MS is launching in less places, (I'd guess) because they are going to be leveraging supply to places they need to compete (NA and U.K.)  so they are going to try to be more competitive there.  

It's a ps4 site, on top of that it says "rumor" in the header. Assuming the last is real. MS wouldn't move units here unless there was a high demand for them. They wouldn't do that just to have them sit on the shelf.

Are they counting the MS store pre orders? Can someone answer that please.

I call BS!!!

On other news.

Xbox one leading ps4 3,000,000 to 1

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
I call BS!!!

On other news.

Xbox one leading ps4 3,000,000 to 1

When is Winter Coming? 

CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
the-pi-guy said:
Gamecube said:

prove that

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

PS4 - 3

Xbox One -7

PS4 - 29

PS4 - 69

PS4 - 70

Done and done.... Just kidding this is only 1 retailer, but the fact is PS4 is probably winning, not sure what the margin is, but we've had plenty of people confirm this from other stores.  Gamestop, some stores I'm not familiar with.  

I like your style. Though my problem isn't the one being outsold. It's with ppl making stuff up like 4 to 1. You brought some facts to the discussion and even said it doesn't show the margins. You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar:)

In truth, all he did was do your dirty work for you. You also have no way to certain that this guy is "making stuff up", which is all I'm trying to point out. Plus, as pi-Guy pointed out, more than one retailer is saying the PS4 is ahead. You're bugged by wording, and a potential exaggeration, nothing more.

Incorrect sir, I'm bugged by people using false numbers to represent there feelings.  I knew xb1 is being outsold at amazon. Like said I don't care about it being outsold. Fact of the matter is you still don't understand the point I made. 2 to 1 would be an exaggeration, any higher you might as well 100 to 1:)

And I'll say this again, outside of your own theories, you have no way of knowing if even 2:1 is an exaggeration. Thus, stalemate. 

lol. point is you don't even know if 2 to 1 is an exaggeration. the whole discussion is about unverifiable numbers based off rumors:).

As far as the whole rumor thread, probably not. 

CGI-Quality said:

Well, in the case of NA, I stand by 2:1. Why, they were taking pre-orders for it longer, thus, it probably receieved more pre-orders overall. 

For future reference, you don't need to add the thread title to make a simple point. Comes off as meaninglessly snooty.

Personally, I think 4:1 isn't too far out there to believe.  First, you have to take into consideration this is for preorders, not actual sales, which will include retail sales.  Though, given PS4's $100 cheaper price, I can see them doing better at retail, as well.  Second, the PS4 obviously has much more stock than the Xbox One.  Just looking at Amazon, both launch editions have sold out, yet the PS4 ended at #3, while the One only ended at #7.  We also have leaked Gamestop memos that show the same thing.  And finally, there's just no getting around the fact that there is much more demand for the PS4.  This is evident in the fact that while the PS4 has more stock at online retailers, it sold out much quicker than the Xbox One.  Hell, on Amazon the Xbox One Standard SKU is still in stock, but STILL hasn't broke the Top 100.  While the PS4's Standard SKU is at #29, with 2 other SKUs (excluding the launch edition) in the Top 100.

the-pi-guy said:
Gamecube said:
the-pi-guy said:
CGI-Quality said:
the-pi-guy said:

Thanks. :)  I can understand that.  I'm thinking that most likely these 4:1 numbers might just be from some [maybe smaller]retailers.  It might be overall they might be a lot closer or something.  I'm not really sure who the guy is and what his resources are[or what people claim them to be].  

Overall, I'm thinking it'll probably be much closer to 1:1 sales.  Maybe I'm completely wrong, but we'll see when they launch, I guess.  

I'm thinking it's around 2:1, otherwise, being close to 1:1 is hardly worth mentioning. Plus, the PS4 will be available in many more places Day 1, which then leads me to think more places took pre-orders for it.

"PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)"

I'm talking about North America.  

MS is launching in less places, (I'd guess) because they are going to be leveraging supply to places they need to compete (NA and U.K.)  so they are going to try to be more competitive there.  

It's a ps4 site, on top of that it says "rumor" in the header. Assuming the last is real. MS wouldn't move units here unless there was a high demand for them. They wouldn't do that just to have them sit on the shelf.

What do you mean PS4 site?  I think I lost you, on pretty much this whole post. 

My bad, I was thinking of a different rumor thread. Sorry for the typo's:) I ment to put.

"MS is launching in less places, (I'd guess) because they are going to be leveraging supply to places they need to compete (NA and U.K.)  so they are going to try to be more competitive there.  "

Assuming the last part is real. MS wouldn't move more units here unless there was a high demand for them. They wouldn't leverage supply just to have them sit on the shelf.