By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
PS4 is outselling X1 100 to 1! Sorry, this whole Make.Believe thing is getting out of hand:)

You're not making much sense.

Sure I am. I'm illustrating obsurdity by being obsurd. My saying ps4 is out selling xb1 100 to 1 is just as valid as 4 to 1. Niether 4 to 1 or 100 to 1 have data to back them up. It works nicely with son'ys slogan"Make.Believe".

Around the Network
Gamecube said:
CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
PS4 is outselling X1 100 to 1! Sorry, this whole Make.Believe thing is getting out of hand:)

Sure I am. I'm illustrating obsurdity by being obsurd. My saying ps4 is out selling xb1 100 to 1 is just as valid as 4 to 1. Niether 4 to 1 or 100 to 1 have data to back them up. It works nicely with son'ys slogan"Make.Believe".

I feel an incoming ban, wonder which it will be? Making fun of a rumor, or quoting Sony?

4:1 seems possible, given supply and the kind of people who would pre-order at this point.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Osc89 said:
4:1 seems possible, given supply and the kind of people who would pre-order at this point.

Given supply? How many PS4's will be ready for launch day? XB1's?

Angelv577 said:
tuscaniman99 said:
Well its obvious 4-1 is not true. PS4 has over 1 million preorders so I'm thinking 1.1 million-1.2 or they would have rounded up. Lets say 2/3 of these are in the US at most. 600,000 preordered in the US. No way Xbox One only has 150,000 preordered in the US. US should be pretty close with both consoles.

Not necessarily, specially is there's far more available pre order for ps4, everyone know there's supplies issues for microsoft.

Please enlighten us on the supply issues. How many units is MS going to be short?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:

I stand by what I said. Just take the last part of your post, hardly anyone uses that as some form of bragging rights. For a guy who just looks for "reasonable debates", you've done very little of that lately. No, saying pre-orders are ahead 4:1 is not absurd at all, but it is, likely, a bit overestimated.

How do you have a reasonable debate with facts to support your side? If you have some confirmed info, enlighten me. How is 4 to 1 not obsurd? PS2 stomped the first xbox into the ground. Still it was not even 4 to 1.

CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:
CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:

I stand by what I said. Just take the last part of your post, hardly anyone uses that as some form of bragging rights. For a guy who just looks for "reasonable debates", you've done very little of that lately. No, saying pre-orders are ahead 4:1 is not absurd at all, but it is, likely, a bit overestimated.

How do you have a reasonable debate with facts to support your side? If you have some confirmed info, enlighten me. How is 4 to 1 not obsurd? PS2 stomped the first xbox into the ground. Still it was not even 4 to 1.

If it is so absurd, what have you got? Answer: as much as I do, an opinion. Whether it is 2, 3, or 4:1, to me, it is a non-issue, but one thing is for sure, it is ahead by quite a ways.

prove that

the-pi-guy said:
Gamecube said:
CGI-Quality said:
Gamecube said:

If it is so absurd, what have you got? Answer: as much as I do, an opinion. Whether it is 2, 3, or 4:1, to me, it is a non-issue, but one thing is for sure, it is ahead by quite a ways.

prove that

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

PS4 - 3

Xbox One -7

PS4 - 29

PS4 - 69

PS4 - 70

Done and done.... Just kidding this is only 1 retailer, but the fact is PS4 is probably winning, not sure what the margin is, but we've had plenty of people confirm this from other stores.  Gamestop, some stores I'm not familiar with.  

I like your style. Though my problem isn't the one being outsold. It's with ppl making stuff up like 4 to 1. You brought some facts to the discussion and even said it doesn't show the margins. You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar:)

no way in hell

I hate to say it,but I think I'm going to cancel my PS4 pre-order. The launch lineup is just poor IMO. XB1 has a better lineup of games, but I don't want to pay $500 for it.