By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saints Row inching closer to GTA in quality? - SRIV = 86 on Metacritic!

Why the fuck are people still comparing those franchises? I would rather compare this SR 4 with Prototype and Infamous before bringing up GTA.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Nah, it's not even close to GTA.

SR3 was far far more enjoyable to me than GTA4. I am interested in SR4, but still wait a while on as not sure entirely about the direction. As for GTA5, it went from no buy to maybe buy down the road so actually pretty close at this point for me.

SR4 reeks of SR3 DLC that was purposefully held back to be polished up in order to be repackaged as a new game. Not a single gameplay video or video review seems to indicate otherwise. Even the GTA4 expansions were more meticulously crafted. So I'll have to say no to the question. There's a snippet of a review right there that says SR4 doesn't excel in gameplay but it's fun? That's just plain non sequitur. Just another reason I don't bother with gaming journalists.

SR3 was a really good game. Although the game is not the same as GTA, SR3 is just as good as GTA4. However, most GTA players will tell you that GTA4 was a big drop off from San Andreas. No way SR3 is as good as San Andreas. I would assume that SR4 is not good as San Andreas but probably match GTA4.

Around the Network

While likely a good game, there is no way in hell it is deserving of 100's. Review system is so broken

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

saints row is a decent series,but it's not even in the same ball park when it comes to GTA quality. I'm passing on saints row 3.5 and waiting for GTAV to come out.

For me........ SR2&3>>>> GTA4.

However..... GTA Vice City>>>> SR2&3.

Saints Row Third was a lot better then GTA 4. GTA 4 was fantastic when it came out but doesn´t hold up at all. And SAints Row The Third was so much fun, and I am more excited about Saints Row 4 then I am about GTA 5

Yeah the collectibles is what will keep players "grounded". Can't wait to get my hands on superpowers!

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!