By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Flamebait"console War"

coolestguyever said:
DS is gay, it is far less powerful than PSP. PSP has shooters, DS has gay little adventure games and mario games. The only good games are, dare I say it? Pokemon. They were classics.

Zelda, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Pikachu, Ash, Link Can all go have a gay orgy.

Maybe you should use the word "happy" instead.

Around the Network

I don't care if it's 100 bucks cheaper. Sony has no place in the video game industry and the Sega Saturn is going to kick their ass.

You heard it here first.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

O.k.

We all know that the Xbox 360 is no fun whatsoever. Everyone who bought a 360 did it so that they can watch flowers grow in 1080p. In fact the 360 is actually anti-fun. Bill Gates is the antichrist who designed it with the sole purpose of turning America’s teenagers into mindless killing machines by making every game a FPS. This was very easy to do since the only game the 360 has is Halo. Actually that doesn’t even exist because the 360 has no games. We’ve been playing imaginary 360 this whole time. And the 360 is designed to red ring forcing people to buy more 360s so that Microsoft can inflate their sales statistics and con investors.

The PlayStation 3 is only ever used as a blu-ray player. People only buy games for the PS3 because Sony put a special message into blu-ray discs telling people to do so out of brand loyalty. Sony also hates innovation which is why they designed the Cell processor. They made the system impossible to develop anything new for so developers are forced to repeat the same games over and over again. Sony just uses an elaborate Kuleshov effect to make you think you’re playing something new but in reality they just changed around a few minor details such as storyline, game worlds and other such petty details.

The margin by which the Wii is outselling its competitors this week has decreased therefore proving it is a fad. Nintendo’s inability to meet demand only proves that they are incompetent and will cause everyone to buy a different console because they have the attention span of a goldfish. Also the Wii doesn’t have any real games because I’m an authority on video games and therefore get to decide what is a real game. Endless Ocean for instance is not a real game because it doesn’t have life-bars or enough violence to keep people with ADD entertained. It’s overpriced because the graphics are bad and we all know games are worthwhile only if they have the latest cutting edge graphics which are important for everyone. Your mother will obviously be furious by the lack of textures in Wii Sports. In fact as soon as more advanced consoles are released their predecessors immediately vanish from everyone’s houses because no-one would want to play games with inferior graphic quality.

What about the PS3? Being sold by Sony's PR by twisting facts and specs, selling it like if it was a godlike machine while it's barely a bit more powerful than 360. Also, what's up with the recycled controller with last minute added motion controllers? Seriously Sony, SNES controller form factor is SO 90's.

And don't forget removal of backwards compatibility, screwing unaware customers that don't have PS2's (because their PS2's died like they usually do). Not to mention the 3 years old GPU it has. How much would you had spent developing a new one Sony? Or at least a custom one? Also, lack of exclusive games, getting abandoned in favour of 360 and Wii. What's the best you have? Uncharted? Heavenly Sword? Under-90 rated games? Come on.

AND don't forget blu-ray movies killing PS3s. There goes your trojan horse strategy Sony... and you are obviously gonna charge over $100 for repairing the system for something that was caused by... guess who? SONY! Same applies for system updates, which are supposed to fix things on the console, but instead... guess what? THEY KILL IT. Or they corrupt data of games. Oh, that reminds me: installing games on the hard-drive. Why did you choose blu-ray drive if it didn't had enough speed Sony? You are once again, screwing customers because of your mistakes. Because the hard-drive is not free... and you are still overpricing it because hard-drives can be get for cheap, but you instead marginally increase the capacity, to a lesser ratio of the price increase. Thanks again, Sony.

Around the Network

People get emotionally engaged with the platform they own. So any criticism of that platform, no matter how true, is taken as a personal affront. This does not lead to sensible conversations.

It is worst just now because the Wii is so different. It is just an uprated Gamecube with a nice gesture interface added. So the owners of the HD consoles look down on it. Whilst Wii owners look down on the HD consoles for not having such a cool interface.

The answer is to own a Wii and a HD console to get the best of both worlds.

Then there is the fact that the vast majority of keen gamers are Sony people. You only have to look at the historic sales figures of PSX and PS2 to see that. So it is galling for them that up to now the Xbox 360 has been by far the best HD ownership proposition. More games, a whole pile of AAA exclusives and Xbox Live give it huge competetive advantage. What further rubs the salt in for the Sony guys is that the 360 is going to get several installments of exclusive GTA IV content.

This obviously leads to lots of PS3 Vs 360 friction.

Then you have to remember that you cannot see a person's age on the internet. So there are a lot of 12 year old fanboys getting into flame wars when their understanding of meaningful debate is somewhat limited.

Sometimes this leads to good fun, but mostly it is just tiresome.

On my blog I often write about the platform holders and occasionally I get a fanboy commenting with an irrational rant. Obviously these just get deleted.

Incisive and erudite blog by game industry professional.

http://www.bruceongames.com/

micro soft makes their CPU from teh souls of baby seals----yeah i cant back that up

@PDF, RTS games made for PC. And MEANT to be played on PC. =)

Ok.
How many GOOD(above 75% on gamerankings) games in this genres every platform has?

Fighting game.
Fighting sport game.
Racing game.
Racing simulation game.
3rd person action shooter.
First person shooter.
3D platformer game.
3rd person horror game.
1st person horror game.
JRPG game.
Slasher/beat`em up.
RPG game.
RTS game.
TBTS game.
Aviasimulator game.
Sandbox game.

And you will realize that all three consoles have NOT many good games of each genre.

PS2 FTW!!! =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

the ps3 is only for those that think they are better then the rest of us, they eat actual lunch meat and not bologana