By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2013 NPD Thread! - 3DS: 150k, 360: 107k, PS3: 79k

Minecraft is showing a lot of people like disc based games instead digital... I'm sure a lot of gamers aren't playing Minecraft because the lack of a physical version.

Amazing.

TLoU great.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:
Wario - 7300

Game & Wario is a victim of the Gamepad. The concept has been almost completely retooled in an effort to show off the Gamepad. The problem is that nobody gives a damn about the Gamepad. Just like with the stereoscopic 3D on the 3DS, Nintendo is better off by abandoning the idea and just making great games for the system. For the Wii U specifically, that means giving consumers the choice which controller they want to use. In other words, the Gamepad will never be mandatory for the experience, only complimentary. That may kinda defeat the entire point of the Wii U, but battling the market and forcing it to adopt the Gamepad idea would be an even worse thing to do.

I think people are just tired of that entire mini-game concept period. After Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, multiple Mario Party games, Wii Party, Wii Play, Wii Play Motion, not to mention all the third party knock offs ... people have just had enough. Doesn't matter if the controller is wand or a tablet or a sex toy (well hrm, ok, that might be a game changer).

As expected, SMT IV was overtracked but the game still did decent all things considered.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Soundwave said:
the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

I didn't actually have the GBA number, but yeah it's good to see. The DS gap is going to explode though, this is the time in its life cycle where the DS started doing 400-500k a month, so every month that DS-3DS gap is going to widen significantly.

I've read this a lot of times by now. 500k a month is cute. What's going to happen this December when the 3DS is averaging over a million per week?

DS will CRUSH 3DS' for the equivalent holiday, lol, not all the Pokemon games in the world is gonna stop that.

do you not think pokemon will boost 3ds sales thoughout holiday(i mean alot)

tbone51 said:
Soundwave said:
the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

I didn't actually have the GBA number, but yeah it's good to see. The DS gap is going to explode though, this is the time in its life cycle where the DS started doing 400-500k a month, so every month that DS-3DS gap is going to widen significantly.

I've read this a lot of times by now. 500k a month is cute. What's going to happen this December when the 3DS is averaging over a million per week?

DS will CRUSH 3DS' for the equivalent holiday, lol, not all the Pokemon games in the world is gonna stop that.

DS holiday seasons beginning from 2007 are untouchable. 3DS has noooooooo chance.

Around the Network

Wow, I was not expecting Minecraft to be undertracked that much. Great performance!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5588775

So SMTIV did great.

Soundwave said:
tbone51 said:
Soundwave said:
the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

DS holiday seasons beginning from 2007 are untouchable. 3DS has noooooooo chance.

i dont think anybody said it would pass it though? Anyway it'll have a really good holiday season! Going to beast

3DS will have a solid holiday certainly, but nothing like the DS or probably even GBA back in the day.

And it's monthly base lines for non-holiday months seems to have settled in to about 130-160k a month (4 week month), which is comparable to the PSP.

PSP with larger Japanese sales and more consistent software sales (because of Nintendo) is basically what the 3DS is looking to shape into I think.

PSP and 3DS both launch in North America in late March and two years on to the month, both have virtually identical sales.