By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vita Lifetime Sales Predictions

How much do you think the Vita will sell lifetime?

Over 60 million 15 7.46%

Over 50 million 13 6.47%

Over 40 million 24 11.94%

Over 35 million 15 7.46%

Over 30 million 24 11.94%

Over 25 million 21 10.45%

Over 20 million 34 16.92%

Over 15 million 25 12.44%

Over 10 million 9 4.48%

Under 10 million 21 10.45%

Total:201
zorg1000 said:
DietSoap said:
zorg1000 said:
NA-8 million
EU-10 million
Japan-12 million
WW-35 million

A price cut on hardware and memory cards and steadily growing library should help give it a decent life for the next few years. It needs games like Gran Turismo, God of War, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy.

Damn that was a fast reply.

Edit: nvm I am fucking retarded, didn't realize the thread was out while I was setting the poll.

Since its ur thread, u should make a prediction

Well, since I guess it really isn't fair to ask for everyone else's predictions without sticking my own neck out a bit, I'd say ballpark anywhere from 12 to 36 million I see as a likely possibility, 9 - 45 million if I want to feel extra safe, and 19 million if you were to put a gun to my head and force me to pick a single number.

It's really just a matter of Sony shelling out for western marketing (especially US marketing, which they just don't seem to care about at all), and securing installments in fanbase favorites like GTA and Final Fantasy as you said.

I'd like to think God of War and Gran Turismo (ESPECIALLY Gran Turismo) are a given with 3 years, but Sony not showing God of War Vita at E3 like I expected them to has me a little nervous.

Around the Network
think-man said:
To anyone picking it will sell under 10 million id like to see you comment and not hide behind the poll.

Guilty :0 but seriously, isn't that always the case?

tbone51 said:
think-man said:
To anyone picking it will sell under 10 million id like to see you comment and not hide behind the poll.

Woahh! you dont think it will sell 10m?? tbone! shame on you!

6 million cause of pokemon for the 3ds

Vita needs a key app which it has none of and at this rate... it will never have one

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

think-man said:
tbone51 said:
think-man said:

Woahh! you dont think it will sell 10m?? tbone! shame on you!

im joking, look on the last page, my prediction is close to yours!

Around the Network
DietSoap said:
zorg1000 said:
DietSoap said:
zorg1000 said:
NA-8 million
EU-10 million
Japan-12 million
WW-35 million

A price cut on hardware and memory cards and steadily growing library should help give it a decent life for the next few years. It needs games like Gran Turismo, God of War, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy.

Edit: nvm I am fucking retarded, didn't realize the thread was out while I was setting the poll.

Well, since I guess it really isn't fair to ask for everyone else's predictions without sticking my own neck out a bit, I'd say ballpark anywhere from 12 to 36 million I see as a likely possibility, 9 - 45 million if I want to feel extra safe, and 19 million if you were to put a gun to my head and force me to pick a single number.

It's really just a matter of Sony shelling out for western marketing (especially US marketing, which they just don't seem to care about at all), and securing installments in fanbase favorites like GTA and Final Fantasy as you said.

I'd like to think God of War and Gran Turismo (ESPECIALLY Gran Turismo) are a given with 3 years, but Sony not showing God of War Vita at E3 like I expected them to has me a little nervous.

Ascension should have been a Vita title and GT6 should be PS3/Vita. Those two games could have helped this year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
DietSoap said:
zorg1000 said:
DietSoap said:
zorg1000 said:
NA-8 million
EU-10 million
Japan-12 million
WW-35 million

Ascension should have been a Vita title and GT6 should be PS3/Vita. Those two games could have helped this year.

That was my first thought when I saw Ascension, in fact I'm still of the belief it may have originally been a Vita title (even though it ultimately looks unreal for a console game).

I'm hoping if nothing else with GT6, they chose PS3 to make more modern asset porting for a Vita installment more affordable.

DietSoap said:
zorg1000 said:
DietSoap said:
zorg1000 said:
DietSoap said:
zorg1000 said:
NA-8 million
EU-10 million
Japan-12 million
WW-35 million

That was my first thought when I saw Ascension, in fact I'm still of the belief it may have originally been a Vita title (even though it ultimately looks unreal for a console game).

I'm hoping if nothing else with GT6, they chose PS3 to make more modern asset porting for a Vita installment more affordable.

Wait. Ascension ISN'T a Vita game? I always thought it was.

Anyways, I predict a min of 20 mil and a max of 35 mil. It's just doesn't have the games people want, and doesn't have a must have, must play, killer app while the 3DS has many of those. PS4 might slightly help the Vita, but probably won't. I just can't see it doing well in the future.

41 million lifetime.
9 million end of year.

The price cut next week to $200 combined with Killzone the week after shouldgive a great bump to its weekly sales. Farther down the line as smartphones keep pushing the tech I expect Sony to be able to offer it at $99 and really make some heavy remote play sales.

These are my thoughts on the Vita, and let it be known that I love the Vita and I hate Pachter:
http://youtu.be/T2bTOWYZsOw