By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why We Wont Get Retro Tracks As Mario Kart 8 DLC. <(0_0<)

Will Mario Kart 8 even have DLC?

Man I sure hope so! 64 63.37%

Probably not unfortunately. 17 16.83%

Eh, I don't care either way. 20 19.80%

Total:101

I hope the Mario Kart franchise is never tainted with DLC. Yuck.

Around the Network

Always wished for DLC tracks for Mario Kart Wii instead of the lame "challenges" we got.

MK games are some of the best games ever, but once you've played it to death, know the ins and outs of every track and are playing obscenely well you crave more tracks. I don't mind how they do it, retail discs containing additional tracks, dlc, whatever.

Or...... lets be open minded about this: how about a track editor? Create and upload your own tracks which can be played offline or online - thus infinite tracks - if you want Baby Park or Snes Rainbow Road, make it - if you have your own bold vision of a tough track, make it. It would be a switch on or off feature to be used by experts. Much less irritating than Mirror Mode and with infinite potential.

Too much planning, and you'll never get anything done.

Karl Pilkington.

spemanig said:
I hope the Mario Kart franchise is never tainted with DLC. Yuck.

Wynaut!? FE: Awakening DLC was awesome!

winston000smith said:
Always wished for DLC tracks for Mario Kart Wii instead of the lame "challenges" we got.

MK games are some of the best games ever, but once you've played it to death, know the ins and outs of every track and are playing obscenely well you crave more tracks. I don't mind how they do it, retail discs containing additional tracks, dlc, whatever.

Or...... lets be open minded about this: how about a track editor? Create and upload your own tracks which can be played offline or online - thus infinite tracks - if you want Baby Park or Snes Rainbow Road, make it - if you have your own bold vision of a tough track, make it. It would be a switch on or off feature to be used by experts. Much less irritating than Mirror Mode and with infinite potential.

A track maker would be godsend, but I think it'd also be very complicated both to implement and to use. Then again I believe LBP Karting had a track creator, and if so then there's no reason Mario Kart can't have one aswell. We probably won't get one in MK8 though.

I don't want any retro... all new please. If they have any retro I would prefer it as DLC, so I don't have to buy it.

Around the Network

I would much rather not have Nintendo ride the customer screwing dlc train... The last thing we need is Nintendo games charging for dlc (even though some already has) instead of giving us incomplete games

Do you really want $15 track packs? Or DLC for smash bros like Sony did with Playstation All Stars?

I would rather have one complete game that everyone has and not have to pay extra

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

TheLastStarFighter said:
I don't want any retro... all new please. If they have any retro I would prefer it as DLC, so I don't have to buy it.

Wait, you don't want retro tracks in the main game? What's wrong with you!? D:

I'm not completely sure where this thread is going, but all I know is that if DLC were to be introduced on any Nintendo game, it better be free. If it isn't free, I would be in trouble.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I would much rather not have Nintendo ride the customer screwing dlc train... The last thing we need is Nintendo games charging for dlc (even though some already has) instead of giving us incomplete games

Do you really want $15 track packs? Or DLC for smash bros like Sony did with Playstation All Stars?

I would rather have one complete game that everyone has and not have to pay extra

Nintendo always finishes their games 100% first before worrying about DLC. They've said it and they've proved it. Do not look at PSABR or any other non-Nintendo made games for how Nintendo does DLC as that makes no sense. Instead look at NSMB2/U and FE: Awakening.

NintendoPie said:
I'm not completely sure where this thread is going, but all I know is that if DLC were to be introduced on any Nintendo game, it better be free. If it isn't free, I would be in trouble.

While we're at it their games should also free, lolz.