By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Despite all the X1 Improvements, geographical bias will be its biggest problem.

I know I will get a Xbox One, it's just a matter of when.

Around the Network

None of this matters because of the meltdown that happened before hand. I'm calling the US for Sony, and anyone who doesn't believe me can copy or PrtSc this post for future reference.

The Xbox brand is going back to where it was during the PS2 era.

What did exactly X360 offer to Japanese gamers that they may have been interested in? When there were some JRPGs coming it didn't sell that badly, most of the 1.6m sales it got were from that couple of years.

And the Japanese go crazy for Apple despite Sony's offerings. They also absolutely love Disney, probably more so than in America. When it comes to clothing and Jewelry European or American brands are very popular. Korean cosmetics are very popular.

So please stop this "the Japanese are nationalistic" bullcrap. Of course they'll more inclined to get things that they have more exposure to and that are more suitable to their tastes.

The 1st Western game in Japan on PS3 is CoD: MW3 at 21st, according to VGC. The first Japanese game on 360 in the US is RE5 at 48th. By this reasoning Americans are more nationalistic than the Japanese. But of course it's just a matter of taste.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

ms should not even bother with japan theirs nothing to be made there the 360 either hasn't or just barely made what the original Xbox did in japan so abandon japan and focus else where.

Troll_Whisperer said:

What did exactly X360 offer to Japanese gamers that they may have been interested in? When there were some JRPGs coming it didn't sell that badly, most of the 1.6m sales it got were from that couple of years.

And the Japanese go crazy for Apple despite Sony's offerings. They also absolutely love Disney, probably more so than in America. When it comes to clothing and Jewelry European or American brands are very popular. Korean cosmetics are very popular.

So please stop this "the Japanese are nationalistic" bullcrap. Of course they'll more inclined to get things that they have more exposure to and that are more suitable to their tastes.

The 1st Western game in Japan on PS3 is CoD: MW3 at 21st, according to VGC. The first Japanese game on 360 in the US is RE5 at 48th. By this reasoning Americans are more nationalistic than the Japanese. But of course it's just a matter of taste.

Are you serious or really whispering trolling messages?

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
I think we Americans should boycot Sony and Nintendo also, that'll show em!

I'm being very serious!

Judging by the Wii U's weekly sales, aren't we Americans already doing that to poor 'ol Nintendo?  lol!

I haven't bought anything Sony-related since 2007, and haven't bought anything Nintendo-related for the past 2 years, largely because the Wii had nothing after Skyward Sword, and I don't own a 3DS (though that's a possibility with A Link Between Worlds coming out soon) and have no intentions of paying over $300 for a brand new console with last-gen hardware.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Goatseye said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Are you serious or really whispering trolling messages?

Very well reasoned post. I guess that's all you have...

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Goatseye said:

Resuming and concluding this is what the OP is about. But anybody that knows videogame market well enough knows that MS just didn't win in Japan because Japanese people have a very big spirit of nationalism. And don't bring that Apple crap because they don't have anything competing with them.

Between a Japanese brand and a foreigner (same product)  they choose their homemade ones. Unlike US.

That has little to do with it :P I refer you to the sales of the iPhone.

Goatseye said:
Osc89 said:

The bias actually seems to be in NA. This week, the PS3 and 3DS outsold the 360 in Europe, Japan and in the rest of the world. However, in NA the 360 outsold them both and makes up more than half the sales. No other console had more than half the sales come from one region (except the DS in NA).

When did xbox as a whole outsold a Japanese console in Japan? Or what month in Europe outside UK?

When did Xbox win a generation in sales outside US and UK?

Europe have places where video game means Play Station, no kidding.

Those are worldwide trends though, it can't be bias if it applies everywhere. Only NA is different, and happens to be skewing in favour of an American console.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

It is not bias, it is common sense. If I have to choose between a foreign and a domestic product, I will go domestic 100% of the time. The money has a better chance of coming back to me that way. The Japanese are smart people.