By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One's fast change of policies.

riderz13371 said:
You guys complain that when it's a pro MS thread no one comments and then when it is a pro MS thread and people comment, you complain that it's full of Sony fanboys downplaying the thread. I mean seriously what do you want from us!

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US!

Wrong word. It's wonder since the bad news gets piled on and the good news not a word. You know that to be true. I think Xbox fans want Sony fans to stop acting like the Xbox isn't viable and treat them as equal. Both play games and both gives the user endless amounts of fun. Exclusive lol or not

Around the Network

Somebody forgot to close their bold tag, lol.

To be completely honest, the reason all of this fell off track was because Microsoft was completely unable to control the message because of a leak about these policies. If that leak never occurred, nobody would've even thought to ask about these things. THEN MS would've started talking about the cool and unique digital features of the X1 and at that point the policies would've started becoming more clear. But the response would've been very different because people would've saw the GOOD first and thus this backlash wouldn't have been near as large as it was (perceived or actual).

This is EXACTLY what Sony was able to do with introducing the MP paywall for the PS4. NOBODY is complaining about that on any measurable level, though it's no less "anti-consumer" than all of these other things.

My personal feelings about leaks has changed over the years. We always want to find out things asap instead of when they are ready to be revealed properly. Leaks can do a lot of damage. This is one of the best examples of that.

DJEVOLVE said:
darkknightkryta said:
They changed because of Gamestop. The question should be "Why did Gamestop stop taking Xbox One pre-orders", cause they started taking them again as soon as MS changed their minds.

This along with all of the bad press and fans. I'm sure it was all of it.

Everyone has a opionion of what did it, Oh and me and all my friends pre-ordered at gamestop before they changed. SO this is wrong.

Well, there are misguided opinions, and there are facts.

The facts are that Gamestop wasn't having it.
They didn't stop preorders for vita or any other system ever, so either
A) pre-orders were worse than any console ever released

or something else.

There is another something else involving gamestop.
The one change was the used games portion, and requiring the azure cloud to be integrated into their system.

Now, we could listen to MS say they did it for the feedback.
Or we could listen to Gamestop.

It may be your "choice" to trust MS on what they are saying, but the firm rejection from the reseller community is likely the big thing here.
Remember that the azure cloud integration has 100% responsibility over all the digital they wanted to do. If gamestop didn't accept the azure cloud, it would necessitate the 180.

A lot of xbox guys like to say that they wished MS stuck to their guns. People say "if Henry Ford had listened to consumers he would have made faster horses". Etc, etc. All of this blame is being placed on the consumer, for whatever reason. The problem was with gamestop, and revolved entirely around used games, which was a huge problem with consumers as well.

Call it a simple coincidence, but MS would not have changed anything for you.

at this point im thinking of a side job for a few weekends to get a xbo if it comes kinect free. they are still working on the subsidized version as well from my understanding. im glad, i just hope they stick with it and dont donkey punch me in 4-5 years from now.

theprof00 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
darkknightkryta said:
They changed because of Gamestop. The question should be "Why did Gamestop stop taking Xbox One pre-orders", cause they started taking them again as soon as MS changed their minds.

This along with all of the bad press and fans. I'm sure it was all of it.

Everyone has a opionion of what did it, Oh and me and all my friends pre-ordered at gamestop before they changed. SO this is wrong.

Well, there are misguided opinions, and there are facts.

The facts are that Gamestop wasn't having it.
They didn't stop preorders for vita or any other system ever, so either
A) pre-orders were worse than any console ever released

or something else.

There is another something else involving gamestop.
The one change was the used games portion, and requiring the azure cloud to be integrated into their system.

Now, we could listen to MS say they did it for the feedback.
Or we could listen to Gamestop.

It may be your "choice" to trust MS on what they are saying, but the firm rejection from the reseller community is likely the big thing here.
Remember that the azure cloud integration has 100% responsibility over all the digital they wanted to do. If gamestop didn't accept the azure cloud, it would necessitate the 180.

A lot of xbox guys like to say that they wished MS stuck to their guns. People say "if Henry Ford had listened to consumers he would have made faster horses". Etc, etc. All of this blame is being placed on the consumer, for whatever reason. The problem was with gamestop, and revolved entirely around used games, which was a huge problem with consumers as well.

Call it a simple coincidence, but MS would not have changed anything for you.

There was a bit more; the idea behind the family sharing plan.  If what that supposed employee of MS was saying is true, then sharing games sent you to the game's page on the Live Store.  This apparently, is what cause Gamestop to say "FU" to MS.  Trying to control the used game segment, and then try to take away new sales, Gamestop didn't like that one bit.  Apparently BenVTrigger was hinting that this was the case on top of the low pre-orders, when the situation occured.  He hasn't logged in in a while and I'm not sure if he's allowed to verify it.  He did mention about Gamestop killing pre-orders to us though.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Why else would they do it. It's the only logical answer. 3rd party has lost their ass to gamestop.............

why? well the reason is something has microsoft is very popular with. greed

Corporations are all greedy.

DJEVOLVE said:
bananaking21 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Why else would they do it. It's the only logical answer. 3rd party has lost their ass to gamestop.............

why? well the reason is something has microsoft is very popular with. greed

Corporations are all greedy.

some prove to be more greedy than others

pbroy said:
If you start a pro ms thread and it's in your own words, not the copy and paste crap. Be prepared to defend yourself and STAY CALM.

Dog died today, so I'm a little sensitive. I'm usually pretty cool in here.

It's good that they regained their senses somewhat, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they thought they could get away with that consumer X-boning in the first place. It's no longer out of the question that I buy an Xbone, but I'm still leaning towards PS4. I still have a hatred for Kinect, which seems to be a large part of MS's focus, and $500 is too much for me to spend on a console. Gears 4 and Halo 5 would need to be freakin mind blowing for me to really consider one at this point, and a solid exclusive (non Kinect) Rare title wouldn't hurt either

DJEVOLVE said:
pbroy said:
If you start a pro ms thread and it's in your own words, not the copy and paste crap. Be prepared to defend yourself and STAY CALM.

Dog died today, so I'm a little sensitive. I'm usually pretty cool in here.

When my dog died, I quit smoking. You should use those feelings to motivate yourself to change something for the better. Show your dog that his/her life mattered and that you will remember him/her by doing something that matters.

I applaud you for making an original thread and putting some thought into it and trying to defend your thoughts. You deserve more credit than Nsanity, whom you seem to praise. Anybody can copy and paste a thread onto a forum, but you actually fight for your thread. Good for you.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence