By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One's fast change of policies.

DJEVOLVE said:
On the bright side this will get me some points. Keep hating on a rumor. I said it was a rumor but that is not enough for you guys. Lets just keep thinking I didn't say that and keep the conversation going.

I'm not hating on a rumour. I'm just calling you out on it. Can I not disagree with your opinion and argue with you about it? Or is this known as trolling nowadays. 

Since you want to keep the conversation going, I'm glad Microsoft did a 180. I don't plan on every getting an Xbox One but I'm sure that the people who are getting one are glad that Microsoft changed their minds on DRM.

Around the Network
Gehirnkrampf said:
crissindahouse said:
i find it funny that now almost everybody in gaming forums is like "they changed it so fast which means they could also go back to the bad drm stuff very fast".

if sony would react to a backlash (if because of bad pre-orders, many complaints on the internet or whatever) most people would be "woah they listened so fast to us, sony is so awesome to us"

and MS fans would do the same what PS fans do now.

and someone else would have written your comment.

not really. sure, there are also microsoft and nintendo fanboys talking crap about sony but the sheer amount of sony guys talking crap abpout nintendo and microsoft is much higher. so yeah, like i said, the average internet forum reaction would be much better if sony would do exactly the same. 

i didn't say that sony fans are worse or better but they are just a lot more on the interent and with that, microsoft will always get much more hate and less positive reactions as sony for exactly the same. (if we talk about consoles)

just open the unboxing of the xb1 at youtube and read the comments. you can almost think only sony fanboys watched it just to talk crap about it. "no interest in the product but i'm still here because this is what i do the whole day"

Max King of the Wild said:

REALLY YOU DO IT ALL THE TIME, WHY ARE YOU OFF THE HOOK?

DJEVOLVE said:
Max King of the Wild said:

Just because you said it was a rumor or an opinion doesn't mean you are off the hook from spreading bullshit.

Again, just because you say something is true doesn't mean it is.

Really???  Hum, I wonder if what you just said now is not the truth. Just because you say something that I said is not the truth. Meaning anything anyone says at anytime maybe not the truth. OMG I did not know that. Thanks for keeping me informed. I expected everything was the truth all the time. LOL

Microsoft could have had drm if they didnt have a disc drive and went fully digital and the games were cheaper like steam. they are not this evil company that hate gamers they are a forward looking company it was just wrong the way they went about it . just one question for PS4 fans why has the contoller got a blue light on it which you cant turn off maybe they had intended to include the camera but did a 180 .

riderz13371 said:
DJEVOLVE said:
On the bright side this will get me some points. Keep hating on a rumor. I said it was a rumor but that is not enough for you guys. Lets just keep thinking I didn't say that and keep the conversation going.

I'm not hating on a rumour. I'm just calling you out on it. Can I not disagree with your opinion and argue with you about it? Or is this known as trolling nowadays. 

Since you want to keep the conversation going, I'm glad Microsoft did a 180. I don't plan on every getting an Xbox One but I'm sure that the people who are getting one are glad that Microsoft changed their minds on DRM.

Point being, when I say it's a rumor.

It means, I do not have facts to back it up, nor do you. That simple.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
riderz13371 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

It mean, I do not have facts to back it up, nor do you. That simple.

I know, but you agree with that rumour, correct? I don't so I'm arguing with you on it.

riderz13371 said:
DJEVOLVE said:

It mean, I do not have facts to back it up, nor do you. That simple.

I know, but you agree with that rumour, correct? I don't so I'm arguing with you on it.

Maybe I work for a certain company  and know it was true and pissed everyone off.

"Sony 'had no intention' of PlayStation 4 used games DRM, according to Andrew "

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/4/4494046/sony-had-no-intention-of-playstation-4-used-games-drm-according-to

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/82884/Sony+on+DRM%3A+%22We+had+no+intention+of+changing%22/

HappyHenry said:
Microsoft could have had drm if they didnt have a disc drive and went fully digital and the games were cheaper like steam. they are not this evil company that hate gamers they are a forward looking company it was just wrong the way they went about it . just one question for PS4 fans why has the contoller got a blue light on it which you cant turn off maybe they had intended to include the camera but did a 180 .

Sony intended to add the camera but took it out to keep the price low. Even if the PS4 came with the ps eye they would probably have a seperate bundle without it becuase the eye wouldn't be manditory. And if Microsft was planning to do this steam like services,why didnt they promote that? If MS were to implement a steam like services were digital prices would be much less then the retail versions most people wouldnt have complained. I dont think MS ever intended to implment a steam like services becuase if they did they would have talked about it.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

DJEVOLVE said:

You know, if you'd just thought about the wording of your OP you could have avoided all the arguments.

Anyway, the whole thing was a massive PR disaster. MS listened when people voted with their wallets, but they're also unfortunate that the whole Prism thing came out when it did. All the silly rumours about Kinect making 1984 reality suddenly became quite believable. Then on top of that there's the leaks that suggest that MS were actively helping the NSA to collect data. From the reveal to now, the whole thing has been a PR nightmare.