By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:

Streamlined gaming interface. In a time where people are all about dat "immersion" that is paramount.

For someone who doesnt understand its relevance and consitently compare the Wii to the WiiU that's a very natural conclusion to come by. But its one formed with one missing key evidence. One that will disappear as you begin to understand its purpose.

Its Nintendo's job to do that in 2014 and beyond.

Its different, its also a rather interesting tool. One that can be used to achieve many different things. I'd really like to see what it can do with RTS's and how its used in smash bros, considering each device does have two screens. Infact I have many ideas my self of interesting utilities it can utilize in single player/Local multip/online multi. 

Hell you can even try it with 2 vs 2 online multi

Of course people will have resitance to something they do not understand. If you're close minded and ignorant. Like the children of those who enslaved our ancestors.

LoL. Dude we're talking about Videogames, not Slavery.

Of course I compare Wii U to the Wii, the Wii made sense, the Wii U does not. Its not a matter of learning to understand its relevance, its a matter of it being repulsive to the majority of gamers. The Wii U has no identity. It doesn't appeal to many former Wii owners, and its not appealing to the 360/PS3 owners either.

Software sells hardware, but then the question becomes which software will do that for Wii U; and since the controller is tied to this system where is the software that sells the Gamepad? I don't think they have any especially when many games play better with the Wii Mote Nunchuck combo, or a pro controller. We've been through this quite a bit of times lol.

But it is what it is.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

What Its a comparison on people's mindsets. And to be honest fanboyism is but of an extension of that particular mindset.

Like I said, WiiU makes sense for what it was made to do. One. Make sure they dont end up in a situation where a third party's game literally cant run on the WiiU. Two create software that breaks barriers. Wii Party U I suspect will try to fufill the role Wii Sports did. 3. Unify its playerbase and your living room and take a backseat to the main center of the stage. The GamePad. Now they just need to full bake their ideas with TVii and continually update the consoles featureset.

As you can see 2/3 of the machine is missing at the moment so of course it makes no bloody sense to the consumer who already has a preconceived about the damn thing already.

Stuff like the streetpass games did for the 3DS. Now all the 3DS needs is more games, and more consoles sold so it can hit critical mass in the next two years.

Nintendo Co.7974.TO -0.77% has ended production of the Wii flagship console for the Japanese market. Best known for upstaging its more powerful rivals with a lower-tech but more fun approach, the Wii is survived by the Wii U, Wii minis sold abroad, and the Nintendo 3DS handheld.

Code named “Revolution” during development, the Wii arrived on Nov. 19, 2006, amid derision from gaming critics and hard-core gamers. “What’s wrong with ‘Revolution’?” Nintendo fans said. “Urine big trouble, Nintendo,” the Dallas Morning News’s tech writer snarked in a four-paragraph play on the scatological possibilities of the name, after Nintendo announced the first details of the console. Sales soon proved wrong the naysayers and those lamenting the death of Nintendo.

Copied from an article by Mayumi Negishi

Featuring a simple and intuitive game controller shaped like a TV remote, the Wii represented Nintendo’s decision to bow out of the game tech arms race, in which  Sony6758.TO +0.73% Corp. and  MicrosoftMSFT -1.17% Corp. were competing to generate the most powerful graphics. The inability to support high-definition TV graphics meant the Wii could retail at half the price of the spec-heavy Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

In the end, the father of Super Mario and Donkey Kong proved that hardware counted, but content mattered more.

The Game Pad is the Wii U's "waggle controls".

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Except it doesnt need to wait for Motion Plus to come out^
As from a system conducting standpoint it works as intended.

People however dont want to pay for something they have second thoughts about. Especially when they have the idea in their head that its expensive. Preconceived notions like that can stick with them but they can be dealt with by providing overwhelming evidence as to the contrary. Its up to Nintendo to establish this

Only 3 more days. The WiiU revolution will begin, and the gloriousness of the Upad will be enjoyed by the millions and millions XD

Day 1

Thx for the video incubi.

Dawn of the first day.  72 hours remaining...

RedPikmin95 said:

Dawn of the first day.  72 hours remaining...