Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

gooch_destroyer said:
cheesecake said:
gooch_destroyer said:
'Sup Nintendo guys

Sup Sony man.

How's it hanging?

I like that Shokio pic. lol

The light is currently hanging very solidly on my ceiling.

yes, Shokio is sitting beside's the WiiU's secret sauce, King DDD RAM.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
DélioPT said:

There´s always been certain software that can sell everytime: sports titles, shooter, racers, party games, etc.
Part of this software is coming to Wii U.

Sales don`t reflect lack of desire for the concept, they show lack of knowledge and interest for a console that for 6 months barely had any game. A console that even Nintendo fans have put on hold until it gets the software they want.
What are the sales of Mario 3D Land? That´s a good basis to guess Mario 3D World`s sales.

I never implied the market was stupid. But when you see a product and have the wrong idea about it, it`s not that appealing. When the correct idea kicks in it does change people`s mentality.

Just because Wii U doesn`t offer the Wii simplicity (which is not entirely true as the software also uses the Wii remote), doesn`t mean it can`t succeed... just like every console before it that succeed without offering simplicity.

And it`s not just casuals Wii U has been going after. In fairness, Wii U has barely done anything in that regard so far.

I think you and Seece are talking about different things.  Nothing he's written seems to imply that the WiiU can't be a success, but that it won't sell 100m like the Wii did.  Nintendo will be fine, and they'll sell reasonably well, but they don't have a out of the park smash like they did with the Wii.  Considering what this thread's OP is suggesting, I think you should probably just assume that anyone that says "WiiU has ___ going against it" isn't saying that it's a failure, but that it isn't going to "unite the gaming world" like the OP suggests and go on to sell more than any console ever.  

It started on the question if Mario 3D World is a system seller or not and if there were other system sellers and ended on Wii U`s ability to appeal or not.
We weren`t talking about reaching or not Wii levels - which i think it won`t. At least i hadn`t that in mind.

Personally i do believe Wii U`s touchscreen gamepad is a great to make people familliar with the console and make it stand out from the competition. Afterall, touchscreen interfaces are common these days.
Of course, in the end it`s about games. And Nintendo is now starting to have it`s first system sellers.

Sony explains why DualShock 4 dropped touchscreen

Um, well....
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170627

What are your thoughts?

RedPikmin95 said:

Sony explains why DualShock 4 dropped touchscreen

Um, well....
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170627

What are your thoughts?

I have to agree with them.

The Wii U gamepad is great for games built around it, but it doesn't add much to pre-existing game designs. Off TV play also gets in the way since devs have to decide to either innovative with the second screen, or have off tv play.

See mariokart 8's only putting a huge horn on the screen.

Actually no, it does enhance alot of current game design. But if devs wont use it, they dont have time to get creative with it, or to use it with a subtle hand , the investment of it or the bump to costs wont be worth it from the current standpoint. However if used in the most sensible way, it'd greatly extend the longevity of the platform.

Because the PS4 is really entwined with that AAA model and they really dont have time for much else.

Around the Network

Well, I don't really think that's final.

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-mario-kart-8-details-development-tracks-customization-more/

- About the Gamepad use: “Our priority is to provide the remote display on the GamePad only. We have other ideas, but that’s all we can tell you for now.”

RedPikmin95 said:

Well, I don't really think that's final.

http://nintendoeverything.com/new-mario-kart-8-details-development-tracks-customization-more/

- About the Gamepad use: “Our priority is to provide the remote display on the GamePad only. We have other ideas, but that’s all we can tell you for now.”

That would explain a thing i noticed.

Compared to the polish of the other game features, that the gamepad display looks like very early design. It almost looks a bit off compared to every else. It could be that they changed it completely already, but didn't show it off. 

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

" "When Nintendo came out with that, we were like, 'Wow, that's just like our prototype!’ That surprised us," Aoki said."
Ok.. I´ll pretend that this was true.

Back to the issue, some games really make excellent use of the touchscreen, but I don´t think that this should be mandatory. Injustice, for example, never uses it, and still it feels very comfortable to play.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Actually no, it does enhance alot of current game design. But if devs wont use it, they dont have time to get creative with it, or to use it with a subtle hand , the investment of it or the bump to costs wont be worth it from the current standpoint. However if used in the most sensible way, it'd greatly extend the longevity of the platform.

Because the PS4 is really entwined with that AAA model and they really dont have time for much else.

How so? Maps and Inventory? lol.

If Nintendo themselves can't find a way to enhance games with the Gamepad, how are Third Parties expected to? I've yet to see any game the Gamepad enhances.

In fact, I feel the Gamepad is an albatross around the Wii U's neck, which is actually one of the many reasons the system is selling dismally World Wide.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Streamlined gaming interface. In a time where people are all about dat "immersion" that is paramount.

For someone who doesnt understand its relevance and consitently compare the Wii to the WiiU that's a very natural conclusion to come by. But its one formed with one missing key evidence. One that will disappear as you begin to understand its purpose.

Its Nintendo's job to do that in 2014 and beyond.

Its different, its also a rather interesting tool. One that can be used to achieve many different things. I'd really like to see what it can do with RTS's and how its used in smash bros, considering each device does have two screens. Infact I have many ideas my self of interesting utilities it can utilize in single player/Local multip/online multi. 

Hell you can even try it with 2 vs 2 online multi

Of course people will have resitance to something they do not understand. If you're close minded and ignorant. Like the children of those who enslaved our ancestors.