By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Nin10do also said that for the first time developers could max out with the hardware better than ever before thanks to their x86 architecture..

Which means there won't be no more bigger leaps within the upcoming generation...

In other words: Expect no huge graphical jumps like between Perfect Dark on 360 and Halo 4 for example...relating to the PS4 and Xbox One.

This architecture WAS NECESSARY to show at least a bit of a leap at the start of a new gen! But the time will catch them up soon as it's difficult to make better graphics than what you will see at the launch window/first year of those systems. So games like FF15 or Witcher 3 possibly could already almost push the envelope...

Let's wait how Naughty Dog, SCE Santa Monica or Quantic Dream will perform on the PS4.

Around the Network

Good God! While Ubisoft currently has a rather positive attitude towards Nintendo, the EA guys are making themselves laughable once again...

Miyamoto 'falling down on the job', says EA exec

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/430965/miyamoto-falling-down-on-the-job-says-ea-exec/

RedPikmin95 said:

Nin10do also said that for the first time developers could max out with the hardware better than ever before thanks to their x86 architecture..

Which means there won't be no more bigger leaps within the upcoming generation...

In other words: Expect no huge graphical jumps like between Perfect Dark on 360 and Halo 4 for example...relating to the PS4 and Xbox One.

This architecture WAS NECESSARY to show at least a bit of a leap at the start of a new gen! But the time will catch them up soon as it's difficult to make better graphics than what you will see at the launch window/first year of those systems. So games like FF15 or Witcher 3 possibly could already almost push the envelope...

Let's wait how Naughty Dog, SCE Santa Monica or Quantic Dream will perform on the PS4.

Oh he's completely wrong on that part lol

They'll be able to get more out of it day one, but these launch games will compare very poorly to end of gen games. This gen should have a very nice graphics increase every year.

JoeTheBro said:
RedPikmin95 said:

They'll be able to get more out of it day one, but these launch games will compare very poorly to end of gen games. This gen should have a very nice graphics increase every year.

Are you sure? Let's wait what he has to say...or give now evidence that he's wrong :)

RedPikmin95 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Are you sure? Let's wait what he has to say...or give now evidence that he's wrong :)

I am sure. This is directly from the horses mouth http://tinylink.net/97634

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
RedPikmin95 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Wrong link...this only leads me to your previous post...

RedPikmin95 said:
JoeTheBro said:
RedPikmin95 said:
JoeTheBro said:

That was on purpose. 50% a joke, 45% being random, and 5% serious.

Lol.

The mantle API is apparently a solution to the fact that console no matter how PC like the consoles are, they're still closed platforms ( but that 8 jaguar core set up and their cpu's really do pail in comparison to PC's)

Like I said before, you wont see big graphical leaps, it'll remain the same pretty much throught out the whole generation, what will be different however is the application and the dev techniques use and the tools afforded by them to create more "immersive" worlds.

I think the most apt example I can come up with is the WiiU is a BMW, the PS4/Xbox One are Dodge Rams and these new gaming PC's are souped up race cars.

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Lol.

The mantle API is apparently a solution to the fact that console no matter how PC like the consoles are, they're still closed platforms ( but that 8 jaguar core set up and their cpu's really do pail in comparison to PC's)

Like I said before, you wont see big graphical leaps, it'll remain the same pretty much throught out the whole generation, what will be different however is the application and the dev techniques use and the tools afforded by them to create more "immersive" worlds.

I think the most apt example I can come up with is the WiiU is a BMW, the PS4/Xbox One are Dodge Rams and these new gaming PC's are souped up race cars.

I'm just going to have to disagree. Can't tell you why though :(

JoeTheBro said:
RedPikmin95 said:
JoeTheBro said:
RedPikmin95 said:
JoeTheBro said:

That was on purpose. 50% a joke, 45% being random, and 5% serious.

So, you don't have any evidence, right?