By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UNITY - Nintendo & Wii U Finish The REVOLUTION

Come on man

read.

Around the Network
RedPikmin95 said:
Presumably, the Steambox will be announced in a few minutes...This will maybe change the whole console war scheme.... :S Did you count that in your prediction, johnlucas?

I believe johnlucas said something like: Why would anyone buy the expensive stand-alone Steambox when they can buy a gaming PC?  And that lined up with him also bashing PC gaming.  I am not sure johnlucas grasped that the Steambox initiative is supposed to be Linux based.

You too?

Does anyone read?

For fraks sake, you people try to come up with arguments for this shit but you dont read properly, dont observe anything beyond your view of sight and have no issue with casually misinforming every bloke on the internet left and right.

How the Unity engine could make easier to port games to Wii U? What if the game originally runs on UE4 or CryEngine?

And I thought you were going to talk about the indie developers making the difference on Wii U thanks to the free license of the Unity engine on the console.

About your sales estimate, 240 million units are just way, way, way too much, dude. That is more like a wish.

WiiU supports CryEngine^

Around the Network
kreznik said:
How the Unity engine could make easier to port games to Wii U? What if the game originally runs on UE4 or CryEngine?

And I thought you were going to talk about the indie developers making the difference on Wii U thanks to the free license of the Unity engine on the console.

About your sales estimate, 240 million units are just way, way, way too much, dude. That is more like a wish.

John isn't talking about Unity 3d, just the union of Nintendo or something like that.

@BOLD That's what will really make the Wii U sell a lot.

And welcome to the site!

RedPikmin95 said:
Presumably, the Steambox will be announced in a few minutes...This will maybe change the whole console war scheme.... :S Did you count that in your prediction, johnlucas?

Steam Box is going nowhere.
I don't think Valve/Gabe Newell thought this through well enough.
Steam Box will not affect Nintendo & Wii U. Won't effect PlayStation 4 or XBox One.
It's not on the radar.

There's barely room for 3 console competitors much less anyone else.
If he's not aiming to be seen on mainline store shelves (Target, Best Buy, K-Mart, Wal-Mart) how is he going to get this thing sold?
You can't just stay in Gamestop or sell it online only. Gotta be seen to get that green.

Does he have unity in Steam Box manufacturing? We have already seen the fiasco with the Piston thing.
What's the price going to be? If he aims to outdo the PS4 & One in graphics (a futile endeavor anyhow) how is he going to keep the price under PS4's $400 & One's $500?
How is he gonna get the games on the platform? Does he really think everybody would play what's only on Steam?
Does he think an all-digital base will help him succeed against physical retail which, contrary to some people's beliefs, STILL MATTERS?

If he's aiming it to be more of another style of PC, isn't that redundant?
Making it Linux-based is pointless because people can already do that with their PCs now.
Dedicated PC gamers are already married to their self-made rigs. What could he have that will make them put away their investment in time & money?
And once again what's the price? If he could somehow get top PC power but for cheaper than most rigs, he might have an opportunity but how unlikely is that to happen?

Gabe Newell is making himself his own personal 3DO.
Take that in every sense you can think of.
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Conina said:
JohannStrauss said:

The average price of the Xone is around R$ 2.200 wich is about US 1000, one thousand dollars thanks to all those cursed taxes and stuff, so it is very, very expensive for the average consumer here. 

The Ps4 is a little bit cheaper, its price varies from R$ 1.800 to R$ 2.000 , wich is like US 820 - 900 dollars, still out of reach for the majority of brazilian customers.

Now the Wii U might come here for R$ 1.200 to 1.400 = US 540 - 620 dollars.

So as we can see the Wii U is much more interesting for its price range, let alone the games itself.

What is the actual price range of the 360 and PS3 in Brazil?

Aren't they even more affordable and have a great selection of price reduced top titles?

I was writting a much bigger post about the price but my pc died and i lost everything i was doing but i will be brief:

The price range for the Ps3 and Xbox 360 on most of the biggest stores around here is something around US 403 to 500 for the basic versions and 568 - 647 for the big bundles.

Nintendo hasnt revealed Wii U's oficial price but as i mentioned its probably going to sit around  US 540 - 620.

It is also worth mentioning that Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo will have to compete not just with themselves, but with their own previous generation (well, the current one) wich has a much, much bigger selection of games but here is the thing: Nintendo has full retrocompatibility with games and gadgets, the others dont.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Of all the arguments in favour of Wii U, Power PC's short and efficient pipeline is surely a true and good one, but how much 3 highly efficient cores can fill the gap from 8 less efficient ones (that anyhow can rely on faster main RAM and in larger amount, that allows optimizing compilers to make extensive use, for example, of "loop unrolling" to greatly reduce branch penalties) remains to be seen both in benchmarks and real life programs. So, seeing this masterly mix of sound concepts and still unknown facts, I suggest to call it "Ninty's Secret Sauce". O-)

Finally, someone who gets Mii on specs.

AMD is the worst, and IBM might be the best.

The Wii U might have 4 instead of 3 cores, the others are using a APU, so only 7 cores are use as CPU while 1 core is use as GPU, which means it can't do any CPU functionailties, just basic GPU functionaries and clocked at 800 MHz for that 1 core.

But yeah, just how much does all this reduce the gap by.

I'm glad someone else is saying the samething about 8th Gen Home Consoles specs comparison besides Mii.

Kaizar said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Of all the arguments in favour of Wii U, Power PC's short and efficient pipeline is surely a true and good one, but how much 3 highly efficient cores can fill the gap from 8 less efficient ones (that anyhow can rely on faster main RAM and in larger amount, that allows optimizing compilers to make extensive use, for example, of "loop unrolling" to greatly reduce branch penalties) remains to be seen both in benchmarks and real life programs. So, seeing this masterly mix of sound concepts and still unknown facts, I suggest to call it "Ninty's Secret Sauce". O-)

The Wii U might have 4 instead of 3 cores, the others are using a APU, so only 7 cores are use as CPU while 1 core is use as GPU, which means it can't do any CPU functionailties, just basic GPU functionaries and clocked at 800 MHz for that 1 core.

Do you have a source for that?